SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"If you ain't first, you're last".

--Ricky Bobby

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Racing can be pretty good from second place on down..

More like 4th or 5th to about 12th.

Usually Ham, Bot, Ver out in front & an enjoyable fight behind them.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to P3 for the first time in a while.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Caught the last forty five of free practice, the announce team spent the vast majority of their time quibbling over how many wins Little Lew Lew should have vs. could have. Oh boy a race weekend. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
uhh...

I did not see that coming.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sir Lancealot takes his Merced..:cough:cough:Racing Point on pole while poor little Chinstrap told the media that 6th was the best he could "with what we had..."

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw the results. Looking forward to seeing what happened to put the order like that.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daddy’s boy lucked out in not being busted for ignoring a double yellow. But I don’t expect his time at the front to last very long. He’ll get passed by Max and the Mercs, and likely wreck it sometime during the race anyway.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Were the Racing Points the only ones on full wets for Q3, is that why we have this unlikely result?

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Haha, fuck you billionaire jr. Money can’t buy talent.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well, that was an interesting race. As much as LH grates on me, that was an impressive drive.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Well, that was an interesting race. As much as LH grates on me, that was an impressive drive.

Agreed, those Inters were pretty much slicks.

Stroll did decently until late in the race, cheers to Chsco for the podium.

Horrible day for Bottas, but Seb's best drive all season.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Not that he was going to win, but Stroll apparently had some underwing damage early in the race that they didn't identify until afterwards. That is supposedly what was causing the graining and handling issues.

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I actually missed a decent race, but this is the first season in almost 20 years that I have started skipping races. The overwhelming boringness of year after year of Mercedes dominance has finally gotten to me, and it doesn't help that I've never liked Hamilton.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sounds like I actually missed a decent race, but this is the first season in almost 20 years that I have started skipping races. The overwhelming boringness of year after year of Mercedes dominance has finally gotten to me, and it doesn't help that I've never liked Hamilton.

The weather, unfamiliar track & newly resurfaced track made for a lot of unexpected.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I thought Stroll did great until the team called him in for a pit stop. It was downhill after that and just one more disappointing chinstrap win.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I thought Stroll did great until the team called him in for a pit stop. It was downhill after that and just one more disappointing chinstrap win.

Stroll had front wing damage that wasn't discovered until post race.
Caused understeer & probably cost him a podium, possibly the win.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Lewis Hamilton loses three-year-legal battle to ban luxury watchmaker's 'Hamilton' brand name that firm has been using since 1892

Read the article if you need further clarification, no reason to waste bandwidth c&ping the text.

Otherwise just Roll Eyes

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
What a tool.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
This use some British parlance, Chinstrap is a fucking wanker.