SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Looks like Grosjean and Magnussen are leaving Haas at the end of the year.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They're likely out of F1 period. Only seats still up for grabs seem to be Albon at Red Bull and the 2nd Alfa Romeo. Grosjean is probably doing Formula E or back to Sports Cars, however Magnussen is a bigger question mark. Hopefully, he doesn't end up at Corvette Racing. I'd like to see him have an IndyCar ride, but the rumor mill on him has been silent.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Looks like Grosjean and Magnussen are leaving Haas at the end of the year.

That's excellent news about Grosjean leaving. I've never liked him. I'm lukewarm on Magnussen--I hope he finds a seat somewhere.

I would love to see Haas become competitive at some point in the future.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Latest rumor i read had Schumacher taking one of the Haas seats & Alfa retaining both their current drivers.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, Grosjean was top points earner the second half of the season. I don't remember who he drove for but he looked to be someone to be reckoned with. Before that, he'd been a problem more than once, since then he never had a car he came to terms with. I've always felt sorry for him, he coulda been a contendah.

Magnussen has always been super aggressive and his only hope for a future is NASCAR so yeah, it's over for the most part. He be fun to watch in the trucks, I love 200 mph bricks. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

Racer shoes!!
(very cool pic Smile )

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
left to right: John, James, and John.

quote:
FUN AND GAMES DEPT: Versatile Jim Clark was at it again, proving that he can drive anything, anywhere, and make it look like fun. Ford of Britain asked Clark, Sir John Whitmore and Jackie Stewart out to Brands Hatch for a day of fooling around.

What they were fooling around with was a three-ton D300 Ford truck, loaded with a ton of concrete blocks. After a day of bashing around, Clark had gotten the fastest lap - 1.29.8 minutes. The lap record for three - to five-liter cars at Brands is 1.01.6 minutes. Oh yes-something else. The truck was governed to a top speed of 60 mph. Pretty good for a guy from the sticks.

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Man, Portimao is a roller coaster.

FP2:
Gasly Eek looked worse from the initial camera shot.
Max was too aggressive, IMO.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Great picture with Clark and Stewart. Two of the best ever but from a different era.
Most of the new classic tracks they have been running this year are way better than the artificial events they have been racing at due to $$$.
Not a Stroll fan but Max stuck it in there way too much for a practice session, maybe even in a race. In any case, he got away with it anyway.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I put more of the blame on Max, though Stroll likely knew he had to be there, but he was ahead & it was his corner.

posted Hide Post
Stroll did the same thing to Bottas in FP1 on the turn prior to the start-finish straight. Slowed down, Bottas thought we has going to let him by on the inside, and at the last minute Stroll turned in on him when they got the the corner. Fortunately Bottas was able to back out before they hit.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portugal qualy Leclerc P4. Vettel P15, and behind Russel in the Williams. How low can Vettel go this season? It’s long past time to blame the car or the team. Have to wonder if RP is asking themselves whether this guy is worth the money.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Curious if the Ferrari is just not suited to Vettel's driving style?
IIRC, Schumacher had a similar issue when partnered with Rosberg?

I guess we'll see next year when he's in the AM.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Exciting race. What today's race and the last few races have shown me is just how bad/boring the modern Tilke designed tracks really are. Seems like computer aided design can only take track layouts so far.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mercedes in a different league, some great racing otherwise, Stroll showed his ass. Lucky to get away with no Covid sanction from the last event too.
Maybe they need to add sprinklers to every track.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Stroll needs to sit out a race. Between COVID and his awful driving he showed what an ass he is. Not a fan, his seat deserves a quality driver.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Pretty good race in spite of chinstrap winning. But I enjoyed the track and the elevation changes much more than some of the larger open tracks.

Surprised that Stroll didn’t get a race suspension for that Stunt.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Stroll needs to sit out a race. Between COVID and his awful driving he showed what an ass he is. Not a fan, his seat deserves a quality driver.

Daddy owns the team. Unless he screws up enough next year to be an embarrassment to Aston Martin such that the board forces a change, his seat is safe.

It was a good race and they need to keep the circuit for next year. New track for almost everyone, lots of elevation change, fresh asphalt, track limits. Tracks not designed by Tilke seem to be the most interesting.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I now DVR the races and it runs in the background as I do other stuff. I'll mute it the last few laps when the announce team foams at the mouth. I'll bet it was fun driving at Portugal FWIW.