SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I guess that I am not surprised that nothing is going to happen about this "shirt shit"......but I am disappointed. Merc may well get some backlash from it, and they DO CARE!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Looks like Perez has signed a preliminary deal with Haas.

https://apple.news/AwrK8gbv8RjWA9g-NxVzyhA

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great, now sign Hulk for the 2nd seat!

Sadly, this will make Netflix's 'Drive to Survive' Season 4 much less entertaining, as Steiner will have a lot less to yell about.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If it was that easy, Steiner would have done that last year. Reportedly, the Hulk was out of Haas' budget. Checo is a pay driver and Haas is short on money.

Posts: 4163 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Since I began my professional racing career in Formula One, 14 years ago, I was the first driver of colour and to this day, sadly that is still the case," Hamilton said.

Hm ... Alex Albon is Thai as is Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh. The following are Japanese: Hiroshi Fushida, Masahiro Hasemi, Masami Kuwashima, Noritake Takahara, Kazuyoshi Hoshino, Kunimitsu Takahashi, Satoru Nakajima, Aguri Suzuki, Naoki Hattori, Ukyo Katayama, Toshio Suzuki, Hideki Noda, Taki Inoue, Shinji Nakano, Tora Takagi, Takuma Sato, Yuji Ide, Sakon Yamamoto, Kazuki Nakajima, Kamui Kobayashi - but I guess they ain't persons of color.

Posts: 2540 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
"Since I began my professional racing career in Formula One, 14 years ago, I was the first driver of colour and to this day, sadly that is still the case," Hamilton said.

Hm ... Alex Albon is Thai as is Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh. The following are Japanese: Hiroshi Fushida, Masahiro Hasemi, Masami Kuwashima, Noritake Takahara, Kazuyoshi Hoshino, Kunimitsu Takahashi, Satoru Nakajima, Aguri Suzuki, Naoki Hattori, Ukyo Katayama, Toshio Suzuki, Hideki Noda, Taki Inoue, Shinji Nakano, Tora Takagi, Takuma Sato, Yuji Ide, Sakon Yamamoto, Kazuki Nakajima, Kamui Kobayashi - but I guess they ain't persons of color.

Don't forget:
Perez, P/R Rodriguez: Mexican
Maldonado: Venezuelan
A/B Senna, Massa: Brazilian

Posts: 15311 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Don't forget:
Perez, P/R Rodriguez: Mexican
Maldonado: Venezuelan
A/B Senna, Massa: Brazilian

Three lashes for you ... you left off FANGIO!

Posts: 2540 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Can't believe you left off the three Columbians!

" campeón, Montoya, campeón!!!!!" {STOMPSTOMPSTOMP}
(From 2001 US GP at Indy stands during practice!! Hundreds of fans, incredibly rowdy and with their own "skin" bags of who knows what they were drinking.)

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pulled the first few names that popped into my head.

Also: Karun Chandhok & Narain Kathikeyan - Indian

I think we all agree. F1 is a multi-national sport & Hamilton is milking his being the only black driver, minimizing the other 'people of color' drivers that the sport has had.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hamilton can milk this.

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Lew is a uniquely gifted talent, maybe the best ever, but he has a long history of showing his ass.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Lew is a uniquely gifted talent, maybe the best ever, ...

no

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
no

In so many ways not but some years back, charting LH laps and overlaying other drivers, he consistently pulled an advantage in slow speed stuff, able to get the power down faster. A lot more to driving than that, Lew's head can be fragile, but he has some unmatched ability.

I will say with such a long-dominant car and so many more races per season, the records Hammy sets impress me only so much.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Leave Chinstrap in the Mercedes, but start him in the mid-field or back of the race and he’s a mediocre driver as we’ve seen. Put him behind the wheel of any other car and he’s a mediocre driver. He’s had top echelon gear his entire career, which is great for him to achieve his records but he’ll never be a top driver in my mind.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mercs well clear of the field as of FP2.
Bottas has always gone well at Sochi, hope he pulls off a win to lessen the gap to Hamilton.
Secretly (not really) hoping for some issue for Ham to result in a poor finish.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
hoping for some issue for Ham to result in a poor finish.

How about a positive COVID-19 test?

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Yes, the only real hope right now is for a Bottas win and Hamilton bad finish or two.
Behind them the field has never been closer and more competitive. Each weekend it varies by track, who has the upper hand.
I am getting tried of Hamilton's political statements that have nothing to do with the sport but to say he is nothing special and it's only the car is delusional too. He is also one of the cleanest racers of any of the top competitors. While both Senna and Schumacher were greats in their time, I wasn't a fan of the less than sporting (and often needlessly dangerous) moves they made. As an example, look at Raikkonen's last race in an uncompetitive car when he was racing wheel to wheel in the braking zones. You couldn't put a piece of paper between the tires in many cases, but he had the amazing skill to force the other drivers without contact or dodgy moves. Then go back and watch some of Schumacher and Senna doing their thing or some of the present day mid-fielders racing each other.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
True. Hamilton has some major skill & he does race cleanly.
Even with how bitter the Hamilton/Rosberg rivalry got, it stayed pretty clean with only a couple comings-together.

Not sure what he was doing in FP1 to finish in 19th Confused

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not a Hamilton fan

not now, not ever

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Missed it by that much, for both Leclerc Eek and Hamilton, with the Q2 shunt.
A few more seconds & Ham would've been 15th, literally 1 second.
Ham starting on the softs & Bot on med. Will be interesting.

That said, the Q2 race was fun to watch.