SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    serving in a wedding party ? (poll)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

serving in a wedding party ? (poll) Login/Join 
posted
just out of curiosity
have you?

Question:
Am talk specifically about up on the stage,
not parking cars or playing your organ or
being the bouncer or ring bearer

have you been?

oh, not the one getting married either

Choices:
Yes , was a best man
best man more than once
groomsman once
groomsman more than once
both groomsman and best man
never , either of those two, ever never been asked
I have officiated
Have officiated more than once
neither, I refused to participate
no, but I nailed the bride

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
You left off "bride's maid" and "maid of honor." I've served as maid of honor once. It was an enjoyable experience since my friend, like me, is a no-nonsense kinda gal. No drama and a good bar.

You also left off "no, but I nailed the groom," which I suppose could apply to the gents around here as well as us ladies. Razz

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I would have to select many of these, not just one.

Been a best man several times, been a goomsman more than once, have officiated, did refuse once, and no comment on the nailing of the bride

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I did have one of the bridesmaids show me her squeezebox and ask if I wanted to play all night....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I checked officiated since as a Justice of the Peace that's what I've done the most. Right now my batting average - so to speak - is just under .500 Roll Eyes

I've also been a best man and a groomsman a few times.

Oops, missed the more than once box.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Both a BM and GM more than once...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mid-30's was a fun time and hell on my checking account. Served as BM once, and groomsman at 3 separate weddings.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I did have one of the bridesmaids show me her squeezebox and ask if I wanted to play all night....

I'd have walked away - I hate the sound of any accordion. Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I've been best man a couple of times, been a groomsman probably 6 or 7 times, sung in weddings another 3 or 4.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groomsman several times. Always for "starter" marriages.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Been Best man once.
Officiated x3 with another planned for next year.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I gave away a bride once as her father was the pastor and officiated the wedding. Been a groomsman a few times.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

In and out and in and out...

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I was best man in my friend’s wedding. They’ve been married 34 years.

The next year, the best friend (above) served as best man at our third friend’s wedding and I was one of the groomsmen. I’d introduced the groom to the bride; now they’ve been married for 33 years.

The year after that, the best friend returned the favor and was the best friend in my wedding and the third friend was one of my groomsmen. My wife and I have been married for 32 years.

Hmmm. I just realized that several of our other friends who didn’t include us in their weddings are now on marriage 2 or 3. Cool

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have been best man twice. Once was for my oldest and dearest childhood friend and the 2nd was for a college roommate. Neither marriage lasted very long. I was an usher for my brother and a good younger friend. Neither of those lasted either. Maybe best you don't ask me.

When I ushered for my young friend, I didn't have to have the tux back until 5 on Monday. I had paid for the thing, so I wore it to work on Monday. I met a VP in the hall and she thought it was hilarious. I sold cars for a large insurance company.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alter boy, is as close as I got to " serving"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Did the dog get any sleep?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Down and up; up and down...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post