SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Christmas Movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Christmas Movie Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
What’s yours? Other than Christmas Vacation because we all know it’s the best.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White Christmas

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
The Lion in Winter, original version

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Bad Santa!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home Alone

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim version)

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Nightmare Before Christmas

I used to switch my avatar from Halloween through Christmas to Jack Skellington, until more than one member here pointed out that they wished I'd stop that, since they no longer recognized my posts when I switched avatars. (Apparently dancing Emma Watson is way more memorable than my username... Who'd have thought?)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Nightmare Before Christmas

White Christmas (wife and I watch it together ever year)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
White Christmas

Elf

Polar Express

Charlie Brown’s Christmas (TV)

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always liked A Christmas Carol, with Jean-Luc Picard, as Scrooge.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
I've always liked A Christmas Carol, with Jean-Luc Picard, as Scrooge.

Jean-Luc Picard is a character from Star Trek.

My actual favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Gremlins!

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JYuma:
Home Alone

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim version)

Isnt Planes, Trains a Thanksgiving movie?

I have to go with Its a Wonderful Life. A lot has to.do with it being my dad's favorite Xmas movie and memories of watching it with him as a kid. It's the movie that just makes it seem like Xmas to me.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Gremlins!

Yes... Good one. Forgot about gremlins!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
"A Christmas Carol" With George C. Scott.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Movies we always watch Christmas time:

Die Hard
Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life
The Godfather
White Christmas
Bishop's Wife

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!

Ho Ho Ho!

Fraygeele it must be Italian, why it's an Award!

He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miracle on 34th street ranks 1st.

Then: Die Hard, Trading Places, Scrooged.

I also watch Stalag 17 as the events happens around Christmas time.

Sometimes Patton, since the later part does happen around Christmas with the Weather Prayer, a true event.

Also - the scene of the sleeping soldier near the beginning of Patton as he arrives at HQ, really happens at the Battle of the Bulge as Patton arrives at some HQ in the area - it's a true event.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Scrooged, of course.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post