SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Klaatu barada nikto"...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Klaatu barada nikto"... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Just turned on the TV and TCM was on...missed the first part of The Day The Earth Stood Still...I came in where Gort was fixing to laser-eye Patrica Neal...a great cast and one of the better SiFi movies of all time Smile...one of my all time favorites! Now I'm sad I didn't know it was on (watching the space ship disappear into the blackness of space).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Watch it as well. A classic

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Here I am, thinking of Ringo's album cover, the Army of Darkness, the canadian rock band....and screw Keanu's remake. Big Grin

So many references...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My dad and I really loved this movie (on re-runs) and it got me started on Sci-fi in general.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Yes, great flick. Can't tell you how many times I've watched it but try not to miss any time it's broadcast.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0

Here's the soundtrack on YouTube. As impressive as the movie.

One of those Classics I try not to miss should I see it's on. SO well done.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Razz

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Always try and watch it when it's on. They played "War of the World" (the original) after that and then "Forbidden Planet". All excellent movies!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
If you watched the Q&A after watching the Day the Earth Stood Still there was an interesting tidbit. Apparently the producers or some people had issues with the alien rising from the dead.
I dont like Ben Mankewwiez but I do like movie history.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
If you liked the movie, the book: "Farewell to the Master," Harry Bates, 1940.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a great movie, I caught this as well. This is a classic. I love Patricia Neal.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post