SIGforum
"Klaatu barada nikto"...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4880057854

July 09, 2019, 08:36 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
"Klaatu barada nikto"...
Just turned on the TV and TCM was on...missed the first part of The Day The Earth Stood Still...I came in where Gort was fixing to laser-eye Patrica Neal...a great cast and one of the better SiFi movies of all time Smile...one of my all time favorites! Now I'm sad I didn't know it was on (watching the space ship disappear into the blackness of space).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
July 09, 2019, 09:45 PM
CQB60
Watch it as well. A classic

July 09, 2019, 10:01 PM
0-0
Here I am, thinking of Ringo's album cover, the Army of Darkness, the canadian rock band....and screw Keanu's remake. Big Grin

So many references...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
July 09, 2019, 10:10 PM
redstone
My dad and I really loved this movie (on re-runs) and it got me started on Sci-fi in general.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
July 10, 2019, 09:36 AM
Sailor1911
Yes, great flick. Can't tell you how many times I've watched it but try not to miss any time it's broadcast.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
July 10, 2019, 09:50 AM
FN in MT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0

Here's the soundtrack on YouTube. As impressive as the movie.

One of those Classics I try not to miss should I see it's on. SO well done.
July 10, 2019, 01:47 PM
bobtheelf

Razz
July 10, 2019, 02:54 PM
Steve in PA
Always try and watch it when it's on. They played "War of the World" (the original) after that and then "Forbidden Planet". All excellent movies!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
July 10, 2019, 07:53 PM
Captain Morgan
If you watched the Q&A after watching the Day the Earth Stood Still there was an interesting tidbit. Apparently the producers or some people had issues with the alien rising from the dead.
I dont like Ben Mankewwiez but I do like movie history.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
July 14, 2019, 08:25 PM
Doc H.
If you liked the movie, the book: "Farewell to the Master," Harry Bates, 1940.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"
July 16, 2019, 02:04 AM
akwalker
This is a great movie, I caught this as well. This is a classic. I love Patricia Neal.