SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post your favorite regional phrase that is colorful and descriptive.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite regional phrase that is colorful and descriptive. Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Dumber than a sack of rocks.
Uglier than a mud fence.
All over it like stink on shit.
All over it like a chicken on a June bug.
Slower than molasses in December.
Lower than Whale shit.
Crookeder than a snake.

When us kids were slow about getting our chores done, my mom would say, "You're slower than molasses in January."

Different month, same thought

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I stand out like a fly in buttermilk. From a black waiter in Plains, Ga. I laughed my nuts off when he said it.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
But it's a dry heat.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not so much regional but definately among we older folks.

In response to "Anything new?" or similar query:

"Same ol', same ol'!"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tighter than a ducks ass (and that's waterproof).

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
that's wicked pissa

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hear this daily in the South, referring to someone who is being rude or impolite:

Actin' ugly.

If you cannot hear what a person saying you say "Do what?" with an emphasis on the last word.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I would call it my favorite, but it's got to be the strangest. This is from my mom's family in Kentucky.

There ain't nothing goes over your back that don't come back under your belly.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Knob Off You Bell End!!!!
Feek Off You Big Bollocks!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2257 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
He'd fuck a snake if he could hold it by the ears,
Two speeds -- slow and reverse
Ain't got the brains God gave a piss ant.
Couldn't find his pecker to whack off if it weren't attached.
Move yo' ASS!
Fucked six ways to Sunday.
Biblical clusterfuck.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
In trouble like a fat kid on a skate board!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knee walkin' drunk is a favorite here. Along with makin' groceries. Also fixin to go by yo Momma's and them.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
His cornbread ain't done in the middle.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a frog had side pockets, he'd carry a handgun.
He is shakier than cafeteria Jell-O
Hotter than a Laredo parking lot.
Tighter than rusted lug nuts on a 55 Chevy.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Uglier 'n homemade sin.
Crazier than a sh^^house rat.
Tighter than Dick's hatband.
Darker than Sypsie's behind.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slicker than snot on a doorknob.
About as useful as a bag of hair.

And if you are in about a 50 mile radious of philly and you need someone's attention, it starts off with, "Yo!"

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
His cornbread ain't done in the middle.

RMD
Big Grin Cool

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Southern surgeon was frustrated with the younger assistant surgeon who wanted to lead the operation. So he simply stated in Alabama language that "I am fucking this dog, I just need you to hold the ears." It got his attention quickly.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Tougher than a baked owl.

Numb-er than a pounded thumb. (Numb is substituted for dumb around here)

Slick as a bottle. Also, slick as a smelt.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spoda

spoda be on da other side of 8 Mile

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post