SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post your favorite regional phrase that is colorful and descriptive.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite regional phrase that is colorful and descriptive. Login/Join 
posted
I am gonna be on him like a fat rat on a greasy Cheeto.

As spoken by a cattle cop with a Southern drawl, a huge mustache and a Stetson hat.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart.

So much in three words.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Handier than a saddle horn.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Context: Rural farm country. Room full of farmers, truckers, welders, mechanics, etc, at lunch hour at the local restaurant.

My father said to the waitress: "You're a good looking heifer."

Surprisingly, ( Cool ) she took offense at the remark. It was a compliment, though I can see why she didn't recognize it as such. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Bless your heart.

So much in three words.

x3

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pull your head out of your ass.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
"I wouldn't pay $50 to see a gnat's ass stretched across a rain barrel."

"Ugly enough to knock a buzzard off of a manure spreader."

(East Tennessee, my granddad)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I wouldn't pay $50 to see a gnat's ass stretched across a rain barrel."

"Ugly enough to knock a buzzard off of a manure spreader."

Yeah. I lived in Knoxville for five years and worked in rural Appalachia. These things are special. Thanks for the memories.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"He's dumber than owl shit!"

I don't know how regional it is, but it was one of my dad's favorite sayings and whenever he used it about someone, it was a very apt description! I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky but now live elsewhere in the Bluegrass State. I've not heard it around here.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"You team-killing fucktard!"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Gully washer. Frog floater. Uglier than the south end of a north bound mule. Tornados coming so I'm fixin to go noodlin.

Go south a little ways and you may hear "all hat, no cattle."

He doesn't have the brains God gave a rubber duck, bless his heart.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Too windy to haul rocks" -- Skeeter Skelton, Deaf Smith County, TX

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wicked pissa.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That boy ain't struck a lick a work.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
All over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Oofta.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Dumber than a sack of rocks.
Uglier than a mud fence.
All over it like stink on shit.
All over it like a chicken on a June bug.
Slower than molasses in December.
Lower than Whale shit.
Crookeder than a snake.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Oofta.

Lived in MN for 15 years, always saw that spelled

Uff da.

And it is an expression I still use. Smile

Along with: "Ya sure, you betcha"

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
"It's hotter than a goat's ass in a pepper patch!"

"Hunched over like a monkey f--king a football."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slicker than greased owl shit.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post