SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lifeboat is on TCM 1Sept.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifeboat is on TCM 1Sept. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Alfred Hitchcock's Lifeboat will air on TCM at 12pm on September 1. This is an excellent movie, IMHO.

Tallulah Bankhead caused a stir during the filming because she never wore panties and was constantly exposing herself. Some of the crew complained to Hitch about it and he said, "I don't know if this is a matter for the costume department, make-up, or hairdressing." Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Alfred had a very hard time deciding how he was going to do his usual cameo in Lifeboat.
The movie came very close to coming off without a Hitch.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
...without a Hitch.

Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I don't think I ever saw this movie so I've programmed the DVR for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Gus Smith (William Bendix): Well, then, what's good a hep-cat with one gam missin'?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post