SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Outsider" on HBO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Outsider" on HBO Login/Join 
posted
Anybody else watching this? It kind of reminds me of "True Detective" but with a supernatural undertone to it. Not surprising, because it's based on a Stephen King work. Anyway, I've thought the first two episodes were really good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BMR,

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched them the other night. Anxiously waiting for the next episode.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are enjoying it. It is following the book fairly well through the first two episodes. Good book to read.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of "the Sinner: series.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just have seen episode 1, but it’s certainly intriguing; much more so than “The New Pope,” which we also watched an episode of.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes and was intrigued as well. Being it is written by King, I wondered where it would go. After reading more about it and the book it is based from, it seems it ties in to a couple of other Stephen King books he wrote. I like some of his books but this one, is kind of ehh.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm liking it so far.

I read the book but had no idea it was being made into a series until I saw this thread.

It has followed the book very well.

Once again SIGforum enlightened me Wink

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw the first episode. Looking very good so far.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Liking it so far. Bateman on a roll recently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Another great episode last night.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I finally got to watch episode 1 and 2. I have enjoyed it so far. It also reminds me of "The Sinner"

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
The Wife and I just watched all nine available episodes this past week and I think it’s a really great show. We’ve both enjoyed the writing and the acting. Looking forward to the season finale.

Wife read an article last night that said this was originally thought as a mini series but the reviews and audience has been so big it’s going for a second season.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the book after starting the HBO series. Just finished the book and the series will end next Sunday. Prefer the book, but that's usually the case. The show carefully follows the book first 2-3 episodes, then diverged pretty far, but has come back for the final few episodes, which is a good thing.

Very clever premise.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post