SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
As we get into the second to last season, I thought I'd share my favorite post-show review site.

I started following this when I first got into the show as there would be times I'd say, "what the fuck just happened???"

Obviously this is riddled with Spoilers, and I'll post the morning after each show airs.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2017...-review-dragonstone/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody pick-up on the scene where Samwell is at the Citadel, picking-up the food bowls from the cells and the last one, a scaled-arm reaches out, asking if the Dragon Queen has landed?

Jonah Mormont

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Anybody pick-up on the scene where Samwell is at the Citadel, picking-up the food bowls from the cells and the last one, a scaled-arm reaches out, asking if the Dragon Queen has landed?

Jonah Mormont

Yes, clearly Jorah's voice. Because of Sam's link to Ser Davos, who knew Stannis' daughter Shireen was cured of Greyscale, that is a bit of hope for Jorah. Granted, Shireen was cured by not just one thing, but multiple healers, and there's no known case of an adult being cured.

It seems we're being toyed with regarding Arya, in that we do get those images of her sadisticly smiling as she kills her enemies, but she's also shown mercy to those who she sees as innocent, such as the actress in Bravos, the women at the scene of the mass murder of the Frey's, and the Lannister soldiers (so far), as Oat_action_Man mentioned on page 4.

An interesting theory and potential spoiler is that it could be Arya posing as Jamie who kills Cersei, thus kind of fulfilling the prophecy the old witch told Cersei about her own demise.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Anyone listened to the Hardcore Game of Thrones podcast? It's the history of Westeros in the parody style of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I'm on episode 2 and enjoying it.

Seems interesting, but only the first 3 episodes are free (through Soundcloud). The rest of the episodes require paying for a Howl subscription.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
The scene with Sam cleaning, scrubbing, pouring, retching... (rinse and repeat)

Was hilarious!!!

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Jonah Mormont

Were they cells? I was watching a post show periscope discussion last night and it seemed like half of the people thought cells, the other half thought infirmary. I was thinking infirmary.

My theory - Sam will figure out some way to slow down/stop progression of Sir Jorah's grayscale, they will both travel back to the North/winterfell and be reunited with Jon Snow and Daenerys who are united trying to fight the Lannisters and white walkers. Just a theory!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
A couple of blogs are talking about the tension between Jon Stark and Sansa after she questioned his decision in front of everyone to not punish the northern families who sided with Ramsay. Not cool to air disagreements in public but at the same time not smart to be so forgiving of your enemies.
Sansa seems to have more street smarts than Jon warning him to not make the same stupid mistakes their father Ned or brother Robb made. She learned a lot from Cersei and that may be a future story line.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
Were they cells? I was watching a post show periscope discussion last night and it seemed like half of the people thought cells, the other half thought infirmary. I was thinking infirmary.

Infirmary was my impression as well. Sort of like a leper colony. Folks afflicted with Greyscale could be quarantined away from others while the Maesters did what they could to slow the progression (or at least make them more comfortable), and then could be dealt with once they fully turn.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
A couple of blogs are talking about the tension between Jon Stark and Sansa after she questioned his decision in front of everyone to not punish the northern families who sided with Ramsay. Not cool to air disagreements in public but at the same time not smart to be so forgiving of your enemies.
Sansa seems to have more street smarts than Jon warning him to not make the same stupid mistakes their father Ned or brother Robb made. She learned a lot from Cersei and that may be a future story line.

True, However, the head of those households are now children. It's not like he's allowing Smalljon Umber back into his home. As Jon mentioned, they'll need every human on their side. He sees the danger (White Walkers) happening sooner rather than later.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Jon definitely has a bit of Ned's "loyalty" weakness, but I don't think he is as naive as Sansa believes him to be. They can be a strong team but they need to communicate (in private not in front of their men) and the correct answer will likely lie somewhere in between them.

As was stated, those two castles are going to be the first ones hit and its fairly likely that everyone there will die.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
"Shall we begin?"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Infirmary was my impression as well. Sort of like a leper colony. Folks afflicted with Greyscale could be quarantined away from others while the Maesters did what they could to slow the progression (or at least make them more comfortable), and then could be dealt with once they fully turn.

That's what I was thinking. It's contagious so it would make sense they are quarantined.

Another interesting side piece about a Ser Jorah/Jon Snow meet up (if it happens) - Longclaw is the ancestral blade of House Mormont.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kind of fits with the autopsy scene.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:

Is that the "brief nudity" promised in the opening credits????? Eek

Actually, I thought the body on the table was one of the old "maesters" (sp.?) whose liver was engorged from too much drinking of "fine" wines . . . . Roll Eyes

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

BTW, drank a dram of Blanton's with the episode of GOT. Big Grin

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:

Is that the "brief nudity" promised in the opening credits????? Eek

Actually, I thought the body on the table was one of the old "maesters" (sp.?) whose liver was engorged from too much drinking of "fine" wines . . . . Roll Eyes

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

BTW, drank a dram of Blanton's with the episode of GOT. Big Grin

True, but gave the impression that they did medical research and probably seeking treatments.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I thought the Hound's comment about fire worshippers was funny. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's what I was thinking. It's contagious so it would make sense they are quarantined.

Another interesting side piece about a Ser Jorah/Jon Snow meet up (if it happens) - Longclaw is the ancestral blade of House Mormont.

Likely both. They accept the quarantine willingly, but those were some seriously stout doors. That, combined with the fact that we know from previous footage that grayscale patients become violent/insane, it would make sense that the citadel would lock them in separate cells rather than treat them on an open infirmary.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was thinking that IF the flaming sword Dondarrian is holding in the trailer is a legendary sword (Lightbringer) and can really burst into flame, as the trailer seemed to indicate, that it could be Dondarrian's purpose is to get that sword to Jon, meaning Jon would no longer need Longclaw.

The thing that I'm confused about is that in the books, Stannis possessed Lightbringer, so I don't see how that could be Dondarrian's sword, unless for the show they just decided to do something completely different with Lightbringer than what Martin did in the books.

It would certainly be fitting for Jorah to receive Longclaw, but I wonder if writers will bother to tie up that loose end. Personally, I've kind of written Jorah off as I feel like it would be too much for Sam to have to be the key to curing him, be the key to the defeat of the army of the dead, possess a V-steel sword that needs to come into play, etc. I'd rather Sam just do one big, important thing, then we're done with him, but that doesn't seem to be how things are setting up.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I was thinking that IF the flaming sword Dondarrian is holding in the trailer is a legendary sword (Lightbringer) and can really burst into flame, as the trailer seemed to indicate, that it could be Dondarrian's purpose is to get that sword to Jon, meaning Jon would no longer need Longclaw.

There are other ways for someone to wield a flaming sword, other than it being Lightbringer.

If you'll recall from the books, Thoros was widely known for using a flaming sword, often during tournaments. However, it was just a trick, achieved by coating the blade with wildfire.

And in the show, Beric Dondarrion wields some magical power, which grants him the ability to create magic flames on a sword, as shown during his duel with The Hound back in Season 3.

I think the clip from the trailer likely shows Beric using his magic to create a flaming sword again, not necessarily Lightbringer.

quote:
The thing that I'm confused about is that in the books, Stannis possessed Lightbringer, so I don't see how that could be Dondarrian's sword, unless for the show they just decided to do something completely different with Lightbringer than what Martin did in the books.

Again, if you'll recall from the books, the sword that Stannis had wasn't really Lightbringer. Melisandre made a big deal of setting up the ritual and having Stannis draw "Lightbringer" from the flames, but it was all a ruse. Melisandre just used a simple charm to make an ordinary sword radiate light. He never actually had a magic sword. Several characters, including Maester Aemon, comment on the fact that it's not the real Lightbringer that Stannis wields. (So obvious that even a blind man can see it's fake... Wink)

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Lady Mormont.......the Badass She-Bear with her words that burn, they won't need dragon glass:

Daenerys: "I have three dragons, dothrakis, unsullied army, greyjoys, tyrells and martells"

Jon: "I have Lyanna Mormont" ............ (Daenerys starts crying)

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post