SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Im curious if Jamie is going to get captured or if he and Bronn will "emerge" a few miles down river.

On another note I watched Shot Caller today with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. It was pretty good. Lots of other good actors in it also. Not very plausible, but a good story. I liked seeing him as someone besides Jamie Lannister.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So the gold is all melted/destroyed now, right, which was to pay the Iron Bank...?

So now what? Does the Iron Collections Agency get involved, or the funds dry up, or both?

I believe that Tarley had told Jamie that the gold had successfully crossed the Blackwater Rush, and was in Kings Landing, just before they were attacked.

But they show the wagon with at least some of the gold on fire. I guess that was "walking around money" for those soldiers in the field or some equivalent, so to speak, and not the whole thing.

perhaps you are referring to Bronns bag of gold?

No, the wagon of loot it came from that's shown rolling off while on fire near the end of the battle, I believe...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh, maybe rusbro is right, but I took the emphasis of showing a burning wagon to be *that* wagon. Maybe not. I'll watch it again to get the exact timing and another look.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
We'll know about the gold tomorrow, but Lord Tarly did say it was safely to Kings Landing.

I think that will allo Cersei to use some of the Iron Banks friends to get something back - not sure if that means Tyrion, Sansa, Winterfell, LittleFinger maybe - but I think she'll strike a deep blow in the final 3 episodes of the season.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
We'll know about the gold tomorrow, but Lord Tarly did say it was safely to Kings Landing.

I think that will allo Cersei to use some of the Iron Banks friends to get something back - not sure if that means Tyrion, Sansa, Winterfell, LittleFinger maybe - but I think she'll strike a deep blow in the final 3 episodes of the season.

Perhaps she will use the golden company to attack the ironbank to get the gold back she rightfully earned? Then she could sack the ironbank and control the monetary system in the universe. Maybe a stretch but she is power hungry.

I believe it was just a few wagons and they showed drogon smashin the wagon the scorpion/ballista was on.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Dickon should have asked for a commission in Euron's navy. He has ample experience in naval warfare, boarding ships, etc. If I had to bet I'd say Gendry picked him up off that island Silver marooned him on and brought him to Westeros.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't dispute Drogon tore up some wagons, I think the Lord Tarley line was added to ensure people knew the gold got back to Kings Landing.

I find it funny that all the wagons were destroyed except 2, one had to contain the Scorpion crossbow Wink And Bronn had plenty of time without being attacked to use it. Big Grin Even with the battle raging around him.

But of course the showdown had to happen - and now the Dothraki / Unsulled can be told what to destroy first, if it isn't burnt. Like a SEAD mission to allow the Dragons to operate with relative impunity.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Good episode, lots of pieces moved into position now

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The Gilly girl let slip a huge piece of information.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So... Im trying to piece together the preview here. It seems somewhat clear but...

Before I put thoughts in your minds, any consideration as to what you think will happen?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

Yup, if he hadn't interrupted her he would have heard it....

The letter in Littlefingers room will bring about some interesting turns, he is a crafty sumbitch

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Sam totally missed it because he cut her off. LOL.

So who else thinks that Cersei might be faking that pregnancy to play with Jaime?

And what did that letter that Arya found say? Seems that Littlefinger planted the whole thing and he's trying to drive a wedge between the two so that Arya might try to kill Sansa.

Spoiler: I hear that Sam and Bran are going to meet at Winterfell next episode and Jon's parentage will be revealed.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The letter is from season one, when Sansa told Robb to come to Kings Landing and bend the knee to new king joffrey.

It was the one Cersei made her write

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Five episodes in and I've just realized something:

Cersei is Queen. She's always referred to herself as a Lannister. So why isn't the sigil above King's Landing a lion instead of the Baratheon stag?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
And what did that letter that Arya found say? Seems that Littlefinger planted the whole thing and he's trying to drive a wedge between the two so that Arya might try to kill Sansa.

It's the letter that Sansa wrote back in Season 1 (under duress), in which she declared her father a traitor, swore her fealty to King Joffrey, and encouraged Robb to do the same.

Littlefinger's trying to drive a wedge between Arya and Sansa.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
"Thought you might still be rowing." Laughed at that line.

Good episode, setting up the final few of this season perfectly.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Cersei is Queen. She's always referred to herself as a Lannister. So why isn't the sigil above King's Landing a lion instead of the Baratheon stag?

Because she's technically part of the royal Baratheon family, by marriage. She ascended to the throne by virtue of her position as the widow of Robert Baratheon and the mother of the deceased Joffrey and Tommen Baratheon. Ostensibly, the Baratheons still hold the throne, and she's the sole remaining member of that family (other than Gendry, who nobody knows about).

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Littlefinger's trying to drive a wedge between Arya and Sansa.

If he was good at his job, he would already know there's not much that would cause a rift between the two. They've always had some sort of sibling rivalry going with each other.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sam will recall it and then return to get that book Wink (my guess)

Littlefinger is trying to drive a wedge between the sisters I think Arya will recognize this, inform Sansa, and be allowed to kill Littlefinger.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
My main hope is that Cersei does not decide to punish Bronn on her own. He's become a favorite of mine.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post