SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Kinda like the books. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Maybe with the delay they are giving GRRM a chance to catch the books up with the show?

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope. It'll take George much longer than 2 years to finish the next two books.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a rough guess I would imagine it being another 5-6 years before book 7. If he stays on to help with any of the spin off shows it might be longer than that.

I can't imagine being someone who read book 1 when it first came out and at this point has been following the story for 20 years.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I can't imagine being someone who read book 1 when it first came out and at this point has been following the story for 20 years.

It stinks.

Even at the pace GRRM writes, I think he has completed books 6 & 7 by now. And I mean edited, in the can, ready to go. Maybe they think they will sell more if they wait till the show is complete, IDK.

I'll never bother to finish the books. At this rate I wouldn't be surprisrd if I lose interest in the show before season 8 airs.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Nope. It'll take George much longer than 2 years to finish the next two books.

If he's the bottleneck - they already have the plot outlines in a safe - there's got to be co-authors who could get this back on track.

He's risking the whole thing if he doesn't step up. As another quite good author once said, "There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune."

The alternative, of course, would be to spiral the other direction. Frown

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
He has several co-authors. He consults them for accuracy of the past history he has written so not to contradict himself.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This is how I see it going: Georgie is going to keep running down rabbitholes for several more years, chasing new projects while stalling on the books themselves, before suddenly keeling over from a massive heart attack. (He's 68 and in pretty poor shape.)

Then Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson are going to team up with some other professional writer, and using the drafts and plot outlines already prepared, the three of them will finish the series within a year or two.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Two years to film 6 or 7 episodes is bullshit

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
This is how I see it going: Georgie is going to keep running down rabbitholes for several more years, chasing new projects while stalling on the books themselves, before suddenly keeling over from a massive heart attack. (He's 68 and in pretty poor shape.)

Then Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson are going to team up with some other professional writer, and using the drafts and plot outlines already prepared, the three of them will finish the series within a year or two.

Wheel of Time? Maybe Brandon Sanderson can step in and just get it over with.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of GRRM's "personal assistants" is co-writing 'The Expanse' - which is basically Game of Thrones in Space (show & books are quite good, IMO).
I think they're milking it for all it's worth.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Two years to film 6 or 7 episodes is bullshit

AGREED

As much as I like the show, in two years there is a very good chance I won't really care. I almost feel like I'm not as excited for this upcoming season because of the extra long break.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I haven't read anything in this thread because I don't want to learn anything beyond what I'm going to ask:

Is it going to be winter this season?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes winter is here. Last season the wise men sent out a flock of ravens to let everyone know that winter has officially arrived.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answer. And...I'm out.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
things that stand out
-Bran at the wall
-Jaime at either Casterly Rock or Lannisport
-The Hound
-Ser Beric Dondarrion and his flaming sword
-Dany kissing Grey Worm
-1:25 someone falling onto shore behind a row boat... Gendry?
-"lone wolf dies nut the pack survives" could that be Benjen riding by himself on the horse at 1:35?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, that trailer got me excited.

Let's go!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Shit man, good trailer.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
things that stand out
-Dany kissing Grey Worm
-"lone wolf dies nut the pack survives" could that be Benjen riding by himself on the horse at 1:35?

Probably just a typo of sorts on your part, but that wasn't Dany; it was Missandei, I believe.

My guess wouldn't be that it was Benjen simply because I think he was still wearing "the black" when we last saw him, but the rider seemed to be wearing various skins, like the party Jon appears to be leading. Granted, that's not much info to go on.

I wonder if there's only one survivor from a party that looks to include Jon, Beric, maybe The Hound, probably Ser Davos. It looks like they get surrounded, and at some point one of them with a V-steel sword fights the primary WW.

Badass TV inbound, folks.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post