SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Who had the dagger last in the show? In the books, we know it's currently in the possession of Petyr Baelish, and it's mentioned from time to time throughout several books. But in the show, I don't recall if it's ever addressed after Season 1, when Catelyn brings it to King's Landing and shows it to Varys and Littlefinger.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Who had the dagger last in the show? In the books, we know it's currently in the possession of Petyr Baelish, and it's mentioned from time to time throughout several books. But in the show, I don't recall if it's ever addressed after Season 1, when Catelyn brings it to King's Landing and shows it to Varys and Littlefinger.

Ned had it before the end of season 1. So it would be whoever did whatever with Ned's belongings. I recall it being placed into a box on the red keep by ned before going to the brothel. I could be mistaken though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Potential Spoiler discussion:

Would certainly seem fitting for Jon to acquire the dagger from Lil Finger, and for him to give it to Arya. A dagger is a fitting weapon for an assassin, and it was Jon who gave her Needle in season one.

Of course, if Lil Finger tries to put his lil fingers on Arya, she could easily just kill him and take the dagger. I'm pretty sure she could find other reasons to kill him, for that matter.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Rogue, just saw that Lil FInger took the V-Steel dagger from Ned in the throne room in season 1. In season 4 lil finger can be seen eating an apple with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deqlyn,

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Rogue, just saw that Lil FInger took Catspaw(the V-Steel dagger) from Ned in the throne room in season 1. In season 4 lil finger can be seen eating an apple with it.

A minor point of clarification: I believe the dagger has no name. "Catspaw" is a term for an assassin, or a type of assassin, interchangeable with the word "footpad."

On another matter, it seems The Brotherhood Without Banners, or one of it's members/companions (The Hound) will likely play a critical role in the upcoming power struggle, as the LoL has apparently deemed the resurrection of Beric Dondarrion important on multiple occasions. Gotta think Dondarrion and/or The Hound will somehow be re-united with the Starks, as he seemed to have a soft spot for both Stark girls, and has been told more than once that higher powers have a purpose for him. Perhaps Dondarrion's purpose is to get The Hound to the Starks, or vice versa.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
It seems fairly obvious that the Hound will face off with his zombie brother at some point.

Perhaps Sansa and the hound will end up together in a beauty and the beast type situation. He is one of the few people that has been genuinely kind to Sansa.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Sansa? Until the second half of Season 6 she was pretty much a wet noodle. That, and the fact that she's almost single-handedly responsible for her father's death and everything that has happened as a result.

No love lost here for Sansa. None at all.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Sansa? Until the second half of Season 6 she was pretty much a wet noodle. That, and the fact that she's almost single-handedly responsible for her father's death and everything that has happened as a result.

-Rob

Nope, same here. I have a hard time enjoying stupid characters. Coudlnt stand Kate on LOST either.

thanks for clarification Rusbro.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

she's my favorite thing to look at on the entire show, especially now that margery is gone.

and I think her character has had some of the biggest changes and has become one of the more interesting ones. she's been through a lot and seems to be learning how to wield her power.

ned was responsible for his own death.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

While it's certainly arguable, perhaps likely, that he would have lost his head anyway, you can't get around the fact that he would have gone down fighting (declaring Joffrey to be a bastard), which is far different than falsely confessing to treason and acknowledging Joffrey's legitimacy.

There may have been a much different climate going forward in King's Landing had he not been convinced by Sansa to lie in exchange for the clemency he didn't get.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

While it's certainly arguable, perhaps likely, that he would have lost his head anyway, you can't get around the fact that he would have gone down fighting (declaring Joffrey to be a bastard), which is far different than falsely confessing to treason and acknowledging Joffrey's legitimacy.

There may have been a much different climate going forward in King's Landing had he not been convinced by Sansa to lie in exchange for the clemency he didn't get.

-Rob

so the Lord of the North/Hand of the King let his 13 year old daughter talk him into it...

Ned was stupid on many occasions. Trying to blame his death on his stupid teenage daughter is tough for me to swallow.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Not exactly. He let the fiancée of the illegitimate king (who was holding Ned's life in his hands) talk him into it. We also didn't have any public indication that Joffrey was a lunatic at that point.

-Rob

A=A

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not exactly. He let the fiancée of the illegitimate king (who was holding Ned's life in his hands) talk him into it. We also didn't have any public indication that Joffrey was a lunatic at that point.

-Rob

Once he let Cersei know that he knew Joffrey was hers and Jamie's, he was done for. Everything that happened afterwards was inconsequential.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
wow interesting video from The New Rockstars on Jaime as the PTWP. Makes sense.

posted Hide Post
Did you guys hear that season 8 isn't supposed to air until 2019?!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
yes. total BS, but I get why. Its supposed to to be more cinematic as well so it will take longer so its not a flop like LOST was.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

Seriously?? I wont even watch the damn thing then. Ill wait 2 years and binge it. That's just stupid.

For gods sake Bran will be an old man by the time this is done

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Seriously?? I wont even watch the damn thing then. Ill wait 2 years and binge it. That's just stupid.

AHAHA kind of like Harold Potter.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good luck avoiding spoilers.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck avoiding spoilers.

I don't care about spoilers so much. Waiting 2 years between short seasons is stupid on HBOs part. By that time I really wont care, so spoilers will mean little

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post