SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
I think this is the first real trailer, released on the 5/24. Season starts on 7/16. Should be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ya that looks off the hook! Better not be any filler episodes with only 7 total. Lot of interesting stuff in there if you slow it down.

WHo do you think is at 1:19? Looks to be Jon and Lil Finger having a tiff in the crypts, I wonder why Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Ya that looks off the hook! Better not be any filler episodes with only 7 total. Lot of interesting stuff in there if you slow it down.

WHo do you think is at 1:19? Looks to be Jon and Lil Finger having a tiff in the crypts, I wonder why Smile

It does look like that. Could be a life-ending fight, or indeed just a tiff.

I wonder if the big guy in the non-Lannister/King's Landing armor is The Mountain, or someone else? Maybe The Hound?

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Unleash the Kraken! Errr... the dragons that is! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you're right. Looks like them. Also sort of looks like Jon holds himself back. Little Finger always has a way of surviving. If Jon finds out all the stuff he has done, I'd say he may have a beef or two.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I wonder if the big guy in the non-Lannister/King's Landing armor is The Mountain, or someone else? Maybe The Hound?

That's "Ser Robert Strong", aka "The Zombie Mountain", aka "Undead Gregor Clegane".

He's now the head of Cersei's "Queen's Guard".

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Interesting analysis of the trailer:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/pkTEMYpGEs4

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's another cool video that examines the trailer and breaks it down nicely:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/LKZZ-phUhqM

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Those two youtube breakdowns are great.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Unleash the Kraken! Errr... the dragons that is! Smile

Unleash the Khaleesi?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4616 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
More Dragon queen!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
There's some really interesting options for who will come out on top. Will Jamie see that Cersei can't be allowed to rule, and add "Queenslayer" to his resume? Will Dany become drunk on her own power and become the Mad Queen? It would mostly be out of character for her, but they have foreshadowed that side of her before, including recently.

It looks like Jon may be left to deal with the threat from north of the wall. I didn't see any clips of a massive battle in the north. Perhaps Jon leads a small group armed with dragon glass and V-steel to try to somehow bypass the wights and take out the White Walkers. Might Melisandre use her powers of illusion to allow them to get past the wights?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might Melisandre use her powers of illusion to allow them to get past the wights?

Unlikely. Recall that Melisandre was exiled from the North at the end of last season, after Davos revealed to Jon that Melisandre had sacrificed Stannis' daughter. She was last seen riding south.

Based on the trailer, she appears to have​ made her way down to Dragonstone and joined up with Dany, who also has the backing of some of the other high-ranking Red Priests.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see the Unsullied are going into action. They've been sidelined for much of the last few seasons.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Might Melisandre use her powers of illusion to allow them to get past the wights?

Unlikely. Recall that Melisandre was exiled from the North at the end of last season, after Davos revealed to Jon that Melisandre had sacrificed Stannis' daughter. She was last seen riding south.

Based on the trailer, she appears to have​ made her way down to Dragonstone and joined up with Dany, who also has the backing of some of the other high-ranking Red Priests.

Yeah, seems like a long shot. More likely Bran will play a role.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ill put my guess on dragons as the wight killer and hold true to my theory, 5 known valarian steal swords on the show, 5 heros to fight them in the "murder hole".

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ill put my guess on dragons as the wight killer and hold true to my theory, 5 known valarian steal swords on the show, 5 heros to fight them in the "murder hole".

Jamie, Brienne, Jon, Samwell, and.............

whoever has Littlefinger's dagger...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jamie, Brienne, Jon, Samwell, and.............

whoever has Littlefinger's dagger...

Potential spoiler but go look at the entertainment weekly cover. The dagger is on it.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh snap.

Now we have to wonder if that's a deliberate hint/spoiler, or if someone just grabbed something cool-looking out of the prop closet for that photo. I'm leaning towards the former.

(Potential Spoiler Alert - See the cover here: https://ewedit.files.wordpress...21.jpg?w=1800&h=2419 )

Here's a shot of the dagger itself, for comparison:

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh snap.

Now we have to wonder if that's a deliberate hint/spoiler, or if someone just grabbed something cool-looking out of the prop closet for that photo.

(Potential Spoiler Alert - See the cover here: https://ewedit.files.wordpress...21.jpg?w=1800&h=2419 )

well she is certainly who I think will end up with it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post