SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was underwhelmed, too, but they intentionally chose an actor who looked a whole bunch like the actor who played Viserys, Rhaegar's brother. I can see the reasoning behind it, what with the inbreeding and all it seems they'd look alot alike. I actually thought it was the same actor, and had to check online to make sure that V & R weren't supposed to be twins.

Agreed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro: Only thing I don't like is seeing The Hound not wearing plate.

I think he'll need the speed against his brother.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro: Only thing I don't like is seeing The Hound not wearing plate.

I think he'll need the speed against his brother.

And armor is probably useless against 98% of the hits you'd take from The Mountain anyway, considering his reach and power.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, wait, the whole time (after Jon's birth and Lyanna's death and up until Robert's death) that Robert and Ned had both friendly and professional relationships, Ned knew she wasn't kidnapped and of course knew who Jon really was and just kept that all from his BFF who was also the King, to, what, protect his sister's honor and Jon?
Correct.

I think Ned's iron clad honor required him to protect Jon per his word to his sister.

To the point he told no one, not even his wife and sent Jon to the wall to protect him.

Probably part of the reason Ned stayed in the North for years, never coming to the Capital after the wars. The King had to come find him to get him to be his hand.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Ned fully intended to tell Jon. At one point, way back in season one, he even said to Jon: "I'll tell you all about your mother one day."

Of course, Sir Chokes A Lot put an abrupt end to that before he could tell him.

Ned understood, perhaps better than most, how far Robert's hatred ran for the Targaryeans. This was, after all, the reason for the war (Robert's Rebellion) and all the crap that came with it. It was Robert that sanctioned the (foiled) killing of Danny by the poisoner in the market. Even the Lannisters, evil as they are, didn't have Gregor kill Elia and her children for shits and giggles; they did it as a dowry for Robert to marry their daughter.

Early on in the show - pre well known army of the dead - the Wall was a relatively safe place for Jon. Which was why Ned had no problems with him taking the black. Better to keep him safe, far away, and his true identity a secret from Robert.

Ned loved Robert like a brother, but he understood how much power had changed him, and - aside from Bran now - he was the only one who truly knew Robert's Rebellion was built on a lie.

Of course the directors told us all this was going to happen in one of the very first episodes, when the Stark children find the direwolf (Stark sigil) dying, look at what killed it. It's an antler from a stag (Baratheon sigil) still stuck in the wolf's fur. But the pups survive (Stark children).

It's the whole first few seasons wrapped up in one sneaky easter egg.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Of course the directors told us all this was going to happen in one of the very first episodes, when the Stark children find the direwolf (Stark sigil) dying, look at what killed it. It's an antler from a stag (Baratheon sigil) still stuck in the wolf's fur. But the pups survive (Stark children).

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Right!

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

sansa is as goos as dead then

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Agree/disagree?

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long.

Each Military Branch As A House On ‘Game Of Thrones’

LOL

- Coast Guard -
A skilled, strong house, nobody seems to care much about House Martell —

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Agree/disagree?

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long.

Each Military Branch As A House On ‘Game Of Thrones’

LOL

- Coast Guard -
A skilled, strong house, nobody seems to care much about House Martell —

I think I've seen a few different versions of that over the last couple years...I like that one though, I can live with being a Stark bannerman Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
lol

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
That's some FLDS action right there!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yep, time for the memes!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

quote:
Data published by piracy monitoring firm MUSO suggests that the seventh season of Game of Thrones was pirated more than one billion times. Most of the traffic was generated by unauthorized streaming services, with torrent and direct downloads accounting for just a small piece of the pie, roughly fifteen percent.

To put this into perspective, this means that on average each episode was pirated 140 million times, compared to 32 million views through legal channels.

The vast majority of the pirate ‘views’ came from streaming services (85%), followed by torrents (9%) and direct downloads (6%). Private torrent trackers are at the bottom with less than one percent.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
What is a streaming source that is pirated?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I dunno, off hand. Never used one. Much of if is international audiences.