SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Who's the dude with the flaming sword? I think I need to go back through and do a recap in the next few weeks.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
Who's the dude with the flaming sword? I think I need to go back through and do a recap in the next few weeks.

Beric Dondarrion. Leader of the group The Hound recently encountered. Previously killed by The Hound seasons ago and resurrected by a Red Priest. He's the reason everyone expected Jon Snow to live again.

More detail here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...e-sword-Jon-Snow/amp

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Interesting parallel after watching the 1st season again. It seems all the main characters are arcing much like thier ancient ancestors.

Tyrion - talking himself out of the hill tribes capture much like Lann the clever

Bran much like bran the builder

Danerys like aegon

Jon like AAhai

Gendry like robert - assumed guess

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
GOT season 7 starts Sunday night
(16 July 2017)

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I can't wait.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Anyone listened to the Hardcore Game of Thrones podcast? It's the history of Westeros in the parody style of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I'm on episode 2 and enjoying it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm going to to a little Got night. They are replaying episode 9-10 from last season first.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I like Arya, so she's probably gonna die.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great to see Thoros again. Paul Kaye is one of my favorite "almost completely unknown" actors.

Notice the brief cameo by Ed Sheeran (the redheaded singing Lannister soldier).

Also, zombie giants! Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING opening!!!!

I'm not wasting good wine on a damn woman.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Arya will ever see Sansa, Bran or Jon again?

I thought Stannis mentioned the dragon glass to Jon previously? We know he spoke to Sam about it.

Amazing first episode.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I thought Stannis mentioned the dragon glass to Jon previously? We know he spoke to Sam about it.

AND...Sam said he didn't believe him but, reading it in one of the books confirmed it for him.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice an illustration of Tyrion's Valyrian steel dagger, or one like it, in the book that Sam was flipping through?

I'm wondering what path Arya will take. She was clearly presented with a morality test of whether or not to kill the (innocent) Lannister soldiers--even after they offered her hospitality, which she had just killed a bunch of Freys over. Personally I hate her character and I hope the show has the stones to show her for the psychopath that she is and she kills the Lannister men, but I think the show's writers will probably go all mealy-mouthed and have her spare them.

Also, odds that the father and daughter that the Hound buried come back to life as zombies and the Hound has to kill them (again)???

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
That first scene was epic! The entire episode was great.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Great episode. Looks like they're setting the stage for some epic episodes for this season.

I'm just sorry they're only showing 7 episodes this season.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
That was excellent.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Great first episode. Jon is getting the North together to fight the White Walkers while Sansa is still playing the great game and thinks Cersi is their biggest problem. I was waiting for Jon to explain why he gave those two castles back to the families that betrayed them: those two castles will be the first to be hit once the White Walkers make it around or through the Wall.....there will be no running, no turn coating, it will be fight or die. Why waste good loyal troops in those two castles, knowing they will probably fall.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Great first episode. Jon is getting the North together to fight the White Walkers while Sansa is still playing the great game and thinks Cersi is their biggest problem. I was waiting for Jon to explain why he gave those two castles back to the families that betrayed them: those two castles will be the first to be hit once the White Walkers make it around or through the Wall.....there will be no running, no turn coating, it will be fight or die. Why waste good loyal troops in those two castles, knowing they will probably fall.

Me too, but that will come later probably. Jon has some idea of "the game" as he played internal politics... getting murdered by his own men and all.

Setting up the dragon glass in Dragonstone as Dany lands continues the foreshadowing of an alliance... which will end as one of them betrays the other because GoT.....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I don't think Jon gives a damn about the Iron Throne, all he cares about is the war in the North.

From what I remember from the trailers, Arya finds Baelish's dagger tucked up under a bed in Winterfell. My guess is she's suspicious of Little Finger and is snooping around in his chambers.

I'm looking forward to Breanne and the Hound crossing paths now that they're both in the North.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think Jon gives a damn about the Iron Throne, all he cares about is the war in the North

Big time agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post