SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
what did Arya mean when she said "it isn't you" when Namiyra left?

If you'll go to the HBO Go/Now website and watch the extras for this episode, they actually talk specifically about that.

Nymeria has found her place as the leader of a large band of wild wolves. She isn't the kind of wolf to go live the domesticated life in Winterfell.

They compared it to the scene in Season One when Ned is trying to convince Arya to take her sewing/dancing/etc. lessons more seriously, so that she could become a proper lady someday. Arya's response to him was: "That isn't me".

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Each of the direwolves has been a reflection of their owners. Thus, Nymeria has her own path to follow and can't be bothered with partnering with Arya as the others have partnered with their masters.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Nymeria and the direwolves. I would give even odds they will show up later this season. The same also goes for the Second Sons.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Missandei is certainly a lovely woman.

YES - back to the basest of basics! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
We're a quarter of the way through the season and people are still talking in small rooms. Do something spectacular already!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're a quarter of the way through the season and people are still talking in small rooms. Do something spectacular already!

I agree on that "incredibles" quote. looks like takng of CR is next week and Jon's arrival

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:

I agree on that "incredibles" quote. looks like takng of CR is next week and Jon's arrival

I think budget constraints are why so far we've mostly seen the insides of rooms, and the only big battle has been at night.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good episode, The Mother of Dragons had to get her nose bloodied a bit before unleashing hell.

I think next week is John Snow at DragonStone and the Unsullied sacking Casterly Rock with a Vengance.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Ugh that battle was lame. I suppose the sand snakes also didn't poison their weapons out of convenience to the story.
Likely didn't have time, at least that would be my guess.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
They keep dropping all this history from the past and background of roberts rebellion. Makes me believe they are going to do the sequel series about that.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prequels are on the table, or have been seriously discussed.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Jon choking Littlefinger was foreshadowing an assassination attempt...

quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Nymeria and the direwolves. I would give even odds they will show up later this season. The same also goes for the Second Sons.

I agree regarding Nymeria and her pack. It's hard for me to see how that brief scene was worth the time and expense it took to create if that was to be their only appearance, and nothing major happened. I guess it could be argued the scene was necessary for her to remember the "that's not you," line from her father. At first I thought Arya was going to reverse course and head to King's Landing after all because who she is now is a vengeful assassin. However, the fact that Nymeria preferred to stay with her pack leads me to think Arya was realizing fully she too belongs with her pack, rather on a lonewolf mission.

I'm not as confident we'll see the Second Sons again, but it's possible Dany's losses will prompt her to call on them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
It's hard to see, but Euron's ships are much larger than Yara's. I find myself wondering just where it is they found all the wood for those ships.

They made reference to this when Euron took over as king. He was apparently building larger warships while he was away from the Iron Islands.

Yara and Theon left the Iron Islands with Euron's fleet. Someone says they were leaving with their best ships while they watched them sail away. Euron dismissed it by saying he'd build a new, larger fleet.

I found myself shaking my head a bit. Enron supposedly has 1000 ships, Yara/Asha also has a sizable fleet...that's a lot of wood, cloth and manpower. All of that from a couple craggy rocks, from the smallest kingdom in Westeros? Hiring mercenaries is entirely plausible (See Bron, Second Sons, Golden Company) however, all those other resources coming out of Pyke just seems a bit too fantastic.

On a related note, how are the Unsullied getting to Casterlyrock? If Yara's ships are destroyed due to Euron's engagement, how are they able to travel to the other side of Westeros?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I nearly threw up when the scene transitioned from Jorah and Samwell to Hot Pie's tavern.

It was gross and funny.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
I nearly threw up when the scene transitioned from Jorah and Samwell to Hot Pie's tavern.

It was gross and funny.

Anyone notice the transition before that, from the scene where Grey Worm was utilizing what he could to please Missandei, to the image of a hand reaching into a dark gap to grab a book from the shelf at the Citadel?

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
There's definitely some cheeky editing this season... soup/puke/latrine with Sam from episode 1 set the stage.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
It's hard to see, but Euron's ships are much larger than Yara's. I find myself wondering just where it is they found all the wood for those ships.

They made reference to this when Euron took over as king. He was apparently building larger warships while he was away from the Iron Islands.

Yara and Theon left the Iron Islands with Euron's fleet. Someone says they were leaving with their best ships while they watched them sail away. Euron dismissed it by saying he'd build a new, larger fleet.

I found myself shaking my head a bit. Enron supposedly has 1000 ships, Yara/Asha also has a sizable fleet...that's a lot of wood, cloth and manpower. All of that from a couple craggy rocks, from the smallest kingdom in Westeros? Hiring mercenaries is entirely plausible (See Bron, Second Sons, Golden Company) however, all those other resources coming out of Pyke just seems a bit too fantastic.

On a related note, how are the Unsullied getting to Casterlyrock? If Yara's ships are destroyed due to Euron's engagement, how are they able to travel to the other side of Westeros?
They might not have used all the ships, only Yara's maybe (leaving all the ships from slavers bay for the Unsullied?).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

They might not have used all the ships, only Yara's maybe (leaving all the ships from slavers bay for the Unsullied?).

I'm pretty sure that was the plan they outlined.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jon: "I have Lyanna Mormont" ............ (Daenerys starts crying)

The same actress is in a kids show my daughter watches called The Worst Witch and acts like a goofy kid. She has a bit of range in acting skills.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I wasn't sure about this either. On the emergency awesome youtube channel, Charlie said that they only took the Ironborn ships and not all of the ships. So Daenerys lost a huge chunk of her fleet, but not the entire fleet that she used to sail to Westeros.

Charlie brought up an old vision that Daenerys had that I completely forgot about from season two.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
So now we don't know if Theon is a forever-broken man who pussed out when his moment of truth arrived, or if he simply made a tactical retreat and will try to get to Dany to get her to send forth her dragons to deal with Euron. GRRM has a real "soft spot in [his] heart for cripples, bastards and other broken things," so I expect some sort of redemption for Theon still.