SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm curious whether Littlefinger is a step ahead of Arya, or if she's a step ahead of him...

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I'm curious whether Littlefinger is a step ahead of Arya, or if she's a step ahead of him...

Depends on when the ones you like decide to stop dying

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:

Arya is still young with a lot to learn and has always been bullish in her actions. Littlefinger on the other hand is a master manipulator that has been able to survive quite a few kings and queens and rise to some great power from absolutely nothing.

I'd say he's a step or two ahead of her, but that his time is short.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
quote:

Arya is still young with a lot to learn and has always been bullish in her actions. Littlefinger on the other hand is a master manipulator that has been able to survive quite a few kings and queens and rise to some great power from absolutely nothing.

I'd say he's a step or two ahead of her, but that his time is short.

He may be, but he also has not had many people figure out he's the asshole, and people both willing and able to end him, quickly.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think Arya's fate will come at the hands of the group she left.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

How I've thought it'll end for a bit:

The battles are over and Spring is coming. Gendry sits on the Iron Throne and Arya, the last Stark, having avenged Jon & Sansa's deaths and finally finishing her list by killing Cersei, retires slightly injured and battleworn to Winterfell.

She sits down to reflect on her life and how she's now Queen of the North. She's handed a glass of wine. We see a montage of the past 8 seasons as she continues to reminisce.

Only after she takes a drink does she notice something wasn't quite right with the servant. She gets up and walks after her. She turns a corner and sees the servant dead on the floor. But then there's a second one, exactly the same, standing in front of her over the dead servant's body. She goes for her needle but is smacked upside the head with a staff by the servant.

Arya, laying on the ground helpless, looks up as the servant smiles down on her and pulls off her face to reveal she's really The Waif.

Arya now starts to foam at the mouth and seize and The Waif tells her that now that she has made her decision and accepted that she is Arya Stark, Queen of the North, only now can she truly be no one.

We then see Arya dressed in the servant's clothes, with the Waif's staff walking away from Winterfell as alarm bells rise and calls that the queen has been murdered echo throughout Winterfell

Screen goes black, roll credits, end of show.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that Drogon allowing Jon to touch him is a hint of Jon's Targaryen blood? Daenerys had an interesting look on her face - as if she realized that something special was happening in that moment but she wasn't quite sure what it was.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I would think the many-faced god would be given two names, Sansa and lord Baelish! "A Lannisters always pay his debts"

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The season is too short. What jerkoff thought eight episodes was enough? The pacing is whack, like watching this season on 1.5x FF speed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It was explained in an interview that the show was originally intended to be only seven seasons long, so the fact that we're getting an eighth season with six episodes means we're actually getting three more shows than we should have.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. It's still rushed, awkward, and inconsistent with all prior seasons.

Those boats have turbos on them now? Can they warp from kingdom to kingdom?

As an audience member I don't much care how long they thought it would last. It's like sitting trough 1000 pages of a 1200 page Clancey novel, only to have it suddenly wrap up what should have been the remaining 200 pages in 11 pages. And being told we should be thankful it didn't wrap up in 4 pages instead.

Shitty storytelling after YEARS of the antithesis.

Ugh.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm guessing that Drogon allowing Jon to touch him is a hint of Jon's Targaryen blood?

Maybe, but not necessarily. Keep in mind that the dragons decided they liked (or at least tolerated) Tyrion as well back in the Mereen dungeon, and he's not a Targaryen.

I think they're setting up the whole "The Dragon Has Three Heads" prophecy.

Three dragons + Three people that they like/tolerate = Three dragon-riders in the final showdown with the Army of the Dead?

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Random thoughts

(1) Cersei isn't pregnant, she knows it's a way to manipulate Jamie into being loyal & fighting.

(2) More hints John Snow is really John Targaryan. Scene with Drogo shows that at some point he will ride a dragon into battle.

(3) I think the LittleFinger thread is meant to push Arya away and back on her path / list.

(4) I see a betrayal of Dany by Cersei (obviously), one were she dies, yet Cersei is killed by Jamie (when she admits there is no baby) or Arya - or maybe Jamie kills her and Arya the Mountain.

John Snow (now known as a Targaryan), rides Drogo (or one of the others) into battle against the dead with Brans help (intel).

Hopefully John is going to find a white walker - otherwise an easy way to capture some dead is take some condemned men out of a dungeon, put them in a cage north of the wall, and kill them - allow them to turn and then bring them back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe, but not necessarily. Keep in mind that the dragons decided they liked (or at least tolerated) Tyrion too, and he's not a Targaryen.

Sure, but Tyrion was letting them free and IIRC Drogo showed a lot more affection for John than the other two for Tyrion.

Obviously the verdict isn't out yet, but Gilly reading of Raygars annulment and secret marriage in Dorne adds more fuel to the fire...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm guessing that Drogon allowing Jon to touch him is a hint of Jon's Targaryen blood? Daenerys had an interesting look on her face - as if she realized that something special was happening in that moment but she wasn't quite sure what it was.

And she also asked him about being stabbed in the heart, but they were interrupted by Jorah returning.

posted Hide Post
So if John is now a legitimate child; does that make him actually next in line for the throne over Danny?

What are the rules of succession?

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Rhaegar never ascended to the throne so I don't know if Jon has a legitimate claim over Daenerys, who is Rhaegar's sister. Perhaps she has the proper claim, as the daughter to King Aerys.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
So if John is now a legitimate child; does that make him actually next in line for the throne over Danny?

IIRC, Jon is Danerys' nephew (Raegar's son), so not sure if he would be next in accession over her.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:

the way I understand it, yes. Jon, as son of Rhaegar, has a more legitimate claim than Dany who is Rhaegar's little sister.

although possession is 9/10ths and a Baratheon still technically sits on the throne. And Gendry is the only real Baratheon left.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Rhaegar never ascended to the throne so I don't know if Jon has a legitimate claim over Daenerys, who is Rhaegar's sister. Perhaps she has the proper claim, as the daughter to King Aerys.

That's my inclination. However, who knows for sure.

If Dany really does have priority over Jon, that makes me wonder if something's going to happen to Dany, in order to set up Jon eventually taking the throne.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post