SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So the gold is all melted/destroyed now, right, which was to pay the Iron Bank...?

So now what? Does the Iron Collections Agency get involved, or the funds dry up, or both?

If Cersei fails to make her next interest payment, the Iron Bank will throw their support behind Dany, in exchange for seizing the remaining Lannister assets once Cersei is removed from power.

The Iron Bank has a long history of helping topple regimes that fail to pay their debts. Keep in mind that they already offered their support to Stannis previously, once it became clear that the Lannisters could not fully repay the Iron Throne's debt.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
So the gold is all melted/destroyed now, right, which was to pay the Iron Bank...?

So now what? Does the Iron Collections Agency get involved, or the funds dry up, or both?

I believe that Tarley had told Jamie that the gold had successfully crossed the Blackwater Rush, and was in Kings Landing, just before they were attacked.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
quote:

I believe that Tarley had told Jamie that the gold had successfully crossed the Blackwater Rush, and was in Kings Landing, just before they were attacked.

Correct they said the gold made it through. Rushing to do had their men fall behind.

In regards to how deep the water is, that is Blackwater Rush.

quote:
The Blackwater Rush, commonly called the Blackwater, is a river in the southern riverlands and the crownlands with some headwaters in the westerlands.[1] It is one of the major rivers of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
A deep, swift river,[2] the Blackwater's currents are wicked and treacherous.[3] Where the Blackwater Rush meets Blackwater Bay, the current is strong and swift.[4]

Basically it is black because the deep caverns below it, much like if the grand canyon was filled to the top.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw this on another forum Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
lol

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Oh wow.

Potential spoilers

This person viewed previews and previous episodes of Beric and believes him to have Ser Arthur Dayne's sword Dawn. Seem to be a slight hole in the theory, but the there's lots of holes in the westeros mass transit system Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZDFtfxwVY

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Dawn has a curved cross guard, Beric's sword has a straight guard.

Edit to add: Also, the pommel of Dawn is a smooth curve, whereas Beric's sword is flat with hard angles, more like an octagon.

Dawn:
http://i.imgur.com/BPQYwqL.jpg

Berric's sword:

https://i2.wp.com/trignoxspy.c...ric-kissed_fire3.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/trignoxspy.c...-1497352932-got1.jpg

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
The first pic that sword was destroyed. The second from this season it does appear straight.

Im still wonderin how theyre gonna survive, i assume not if surrounded.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy this guy's combat commentary. FWIW.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So in a show with dead people rising up, and dragons, and magic, everyone is upset over a very deep river?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Don't think Beric has Dawn, but very possible that it will play into things.

Lightbringer is made only after AA fails twice to make a sword. The first time, he plunges it into water and it breaks. The next onen he plunges it into a lion and it breaks. Then the third one he plunges into his wife.

Water: Euron?
Lion: Jaime or Cersei
Wife: Dany?

Will Jon end up having to kill all three of them? Could be if Dany were to go mad like her father.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Don't think Beric has Dawn, but very possible that it will play into things.

Lightbringer is made only after AA fails twice to make a sword. The first time, he plunges it into water and it breaks. The next onen he plunges it into a lion and it breaks. Then the third one he plunges into his wife.

Water: Euron?
Lion: Jaime or Cersei
Wife: Dany?

Will Jon end up having to kill all three of them? Could be if Dany were to go mad like her father.

these guys speculate Jaime. pretty good theory but the writing as others have said everything goes back to season 1.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0w1JvY0Faw

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
The first pic that sword was destroyed. The second from this season it does appear straight.

Im still wonderin how theyre gonna survive, i assume not if surrounded.

I'd forgotten the first sword was destroyed (if I ever knew it). He still has a straight cross guard though, for certain, as this is from the current season:

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But they show the wagon with at least some of the gold on fire. I guess that was "walking around money" for those soldiers in the field or some equivalent, so to speak, and not the whole thing.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

But they show the wagon with at least some of the gold on fire. I guess that was "walking around money" for those soldiers in the field or some equivalent, so to speak, and not the whole thing.

perhaps you are referring to Bronns bag of gold?

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Did Catelyn Stark's "ghost", as "Lady Stoneheart", make an appearance when Arya and Brienne sparred in the Winterfell courtyard?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvand...catelyn-stark-ghost/

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was a whole cart full. I just assume that the Tyrells had enough gold to pay the IB, and then some.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was a whole cart full. I just assume that the Tyrells had enough gold to pay the IB, and then some.

I re-watched and didn't see any evidence of gold, other than Bronn's, being lost in the loot train battle. The only time we see the wagon with the gold, I believe, is during the first scene with Jamie's forces, outside Highgarden, when Dany is still at Dragonstone. Later, right before Dany's attack, Randyll Tarley tells Jamie all of the gold had made it safely to King's Landing. He literally uses the word "all." During the battle there are many shots of wagons on fire, including two long shots near the end of the battle of one burning wagon being pulled by horses, but it doesn't look like anything other than a supply transport with burning barrels and such in it. I think it was confusing that the camera stayed on that wagon for so long, as if there was something special about it. I had wondered if it might be the gold wagon, myself. I guess they were just trying to reiterate how it was supplies that were supposed to help King's Landing endure a siege that were lost in the attack.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Did Catelyn Stark's "ghost", as "Lady Stoneheart", make an appearance when Arya and Brienne sparred in the Winterfell courtyard?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvand...catelyn-stark-ghost/
So... GoT has now turned into Ghost Adventures on Syfy. Big Grin

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In regards to how deep the water is, that is Blackwater Rush.

quote:
The Blackwater Rush, commonly called the Blackwater, is a river in the southern riverlands and the crownlands with some headwaters in the westerlands.[1] It is one of the major rivers of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
A deep, swift river,[2] the Blackwater's currents are wicked and treacherous.[3] Where the Blackwater Rush meets Blackwater Bay, the current is strong and swift.[4]

Basically it is black because the deep caverns below it, much like if the grand canyon was filled to the top.

While re-watching, I noted plateaus and very large rocks on land and in the water. It's not uncommon at all in kind of terrain for there to be dramatic changes in water depth over very short distances.