SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

It would certainly be fitting for Jorah to receive Longclaw, but I wonder if writers will bother to tie up that loose end. Personally, I've kind of written Jorah off as I feel like it would be too much for Sam to have to be the key to curing him, be the key to the defeat of the army of the dead, possess a V-steel sword that needs to come into play, etc. I'd rather Sam just do one big, important thing, then we're done with him, but that doesn't seem to be how things are setting up.

I feel like Jorah has to play some role moving forward, right? Why would they still have him on the show, they could have given him the Gendry treatment and had him wander around looking for a cure for several seasons!

I think at some point Jorah is going to reunite with Daenerys, who is definitely going to unite with Jon Snow at some point as well. I am guessing Jorah will play some role in a major battle against the white walkers and eventually die in that battle. Although this season appears to be shaping up as a Lannister vs. the North/Targaryen battle, so maybe Jorah will play a role in that.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Anybody pick-up on the scene where Samwell is at the Citadel, picking-up the food bowls from the cells and the last one, a scaled-arm reaches out, asking if the Dragon Queen has landed?

Jonah Mormont

I figure it was him.

As to Arya - she's hell if you cross her, but I don't think she'd kill a Lannister soldier just for that. I think she'll eventually get Cersei. But that may just be wishfull thinking.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If Ser Jorah doesn't get cured, it will, in fact, be clobberin' time.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking completely outside the box but did the book ever talk about someone with grey scale and fighting whites/white walkers? Could it be an advantage?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No mention of anything like that in the books. There are only two named characters in the book who have greyscale, and there are few brief mentions of other people in history who had the affliction. Plus Tyrion's encounter with a group of Stone Men, who are late-stage Greyscale sufferers who have been driven mad by the disease.

Also, in the books, Jorah doesn't contract the disease. He's not with Tyrion during the attack by the Stone Men. That subplot belongs to a different character (Jon Connington) who doesn't appear in the show at all.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Something I saw today...

Did anyone see Sansa's hair?

She was wearing the same hairstyle that Cersi wears...

Food for thought.....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was wearing the same hairstyle that Cersi wears...

You mean the same style that Cersi used to wear back before the Walk of Shame makeover.

Yeah I think Sansa has got tired of being everyone's punching bag and pawn and wants to be her own person and a power in the Great Game......Lady Mormont had it right though, is she a Stark, a Lannister or a Bolton....it is tough to keep up. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Will this series ever appear on Netflix?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:

Highly unlikely. HBO has their own pay streaming service (HBO Now), so I don't forsee them signing away the streaming rights for their most popular series to a competitor.

Some of the older HBO shows are available through other streaming services, but those are leftover contracts from before HBO had their own service.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:

Highly unlikely. HBO has their own pay streaming service (HBO Now), so I don't forsee them signing away the streaming rights for their most popular series to a competitor.

Some of the older HBO shows are available through other streaming services, but those are leftover contracts from before HBO had their own service.
boardwalk Empire isn't that old and it's available on prime.

Best/cheapest way to watch GOT is to just add HBO for a month or two and start binging on HBO GO. And if you have prime you can add HBO to it for $5 a month I think. Maybe $10.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
HBO started their streaming service in 2015. From that point forward, it's unlikely that they'll sign new streaming deals with competitors like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Boardwalk Empire ran 2010-2014. So while it may not be "old", it's "pre-HBO Now". And when that contract with Amazon runs out in the next several years, I doubt it'll be renewed.

However, you can get the DVD/Blu-Ray version of many of HBO's shows through Netflix's disc service. So you can watch the first 6 seasons of GoT that way.

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
This was a great episode. It set the stage for an awesome season.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
HBO started their streaming service in 2015. From that point forward, it's unlikely that they'll sign new streaming deals with competitors like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Boardwalk Empire ran 2010-2014. So while it may not be "old", it's "pre-HBO Now". And when that contract with Amazon runs out in the next several years, I doubt it'll be renewed.

However, you can get the DVD/Blu-Ray version of many of HBO's shows through Netflix's disc service. So you can watch the first 6 seasons of GoT that way.

guess I was thinking of HBO GO which has been around a lot longer than that.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
HBO Go and HBO Now are both the same service, with the same content. Go is the portal for HBO cable/satellite subscribers, who get streaming included with their HBO TV subscription free of charge. Now is the standalone streaming service for people who don't otherwise have a HBO TV subscription.

Go/Now both debuted in 2015.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
HBO Go and HBO Now are both the same service, with the same content. Go is the portal for HBO cable/satellite subscribers, who get streaming included with their HBO TV subscription free of charge. Now is the standalone streaming service for people who don't otherwise have a HBO TV subscription.

Go/Now both debuted in 2015.

They're not the same thing though they do have the same content. HBO GO has been around since 2010.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
As to Arya - she's hell if you cross her, but I don't think she'd kill a Lannister soldier just for that. I think she'll eventually get Cersei. But that may just be wishfull thinking.

I don't see her initiating an attack on those soldiers, but I'm not sure she's safe with them. I want to rewatch that scene. My initial impression was that they were not to be trusted, especially the dark-haired one, but it could just be I'm conditioned to those feelings after 6 seasons of treachery and murder. I have a theory about how Arya might escape that situation I won't yet elaborate on due to it being a spoiler, if I'm correct.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I don't see her initiating an attack on those soldiers, but I'm not sure she's safe with them. I want to rewatch that scene. My initial impression was that they were not to be trusted, especially the dark-haired one, but it could just be I'm conditioned to those feelings after 6 seasons of treachery and murder. I have a theory about how Arya might escape that situation I won't yet elaborate on due to it being a spoiler, if I'm correct.

They left all their weapons out of reach. When she's sitting down the camera pans to them to show what she's noticing.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:I have a theory about how Arya might escape that situation I won't yet elaborate on due to it being a spoiler, if I'm correct.

It's Wednesday. The grace period to catch-up is over. Spill the beans on your theory.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
They left all their weapons out of reach. When she's sitting down the camera pans to them to show what she's noticing.

Yes, I noticed that. It would still be quite a stretch for her to take on all of them with Needle.

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:I have a theory about how Arya might escape that situation I won't yet elaborate on due to it being a spoiler, if I'm correct.

It's Wednesday. The grace period to catch-up is over. Spill the beans on your theory.

OK, you twisted my arm Wink It will be a spoiler if it happens, so read on at your own risk. I'm probably not the only one to have envisioned this.

I'm not saying it's probable, but I could certainly see her being overpowered by the soldiers and suddenly her long lost dire wolf, Nymeria, and maybe the pack she's supposedly leading, coming to her rescue and ripping the soldiers to shreds. The setup for that seems to be forming, and the writers love to have the Stark wolves be AWOL until the moment their master is on death's doorstep, only to leap in, get a kill, and then vanish again. That being said, it could be awesome if Arya and a pack of dire wolves spent some time doing guerilla warfare on the bands of Lannister soldiers and other miscreants about the lands before she made her way to King's Landing.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, you twisted my arm Wink It will be a spoiler if it happens, so read on at your own risk. I'm probably not the only one to have envisioned this.

I'm not saying it's probable, but I could certainly see her being overpowered by the soldiers and suddenly her long lost dire wolf, Nymeria, and maybe the pack she's supposedly leading, coming to her rescue and ripping the soldiers to shreds. The setup for that seems to be forming, and the writers love to have the Stark wolves be AWOL until the moment their master is on death's doorstep, only to leap in, get a kill, and then vanish again. That being said, it could be awesome if Arya and a pack of dire wolves spent some time doing guerilla warfare on the bands of Lannister soldiers and other miscreants about the lands before she made her way to King's Landing.

Isn't that how it is in the book? Arya's Direwolf is the pack leader of a group that hunts down Lannister soldiers?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post