SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So does this knock out the "three heads of the dragon" theory?

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
well theres still 3 heads technically. so no. Just because poppa ice smurf wants to kill everyone doesnt mean he can't rule. lol. Im feeling a sort of pirates of the caribbean thing going on myself. The dutchman always needs a captain.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:

cc

I'm wondering the same.... I still feel like that's what is being led up to in the book (they are two different stories at this point). But in the show, they've never even talked about Tywin's wife Joanna and the Mad King... So maybe they just didn't set it up/don't have time for it now.

Awesome episode last night. Tormund and the Hound were hilarious.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
She took out a lot of dead soldiers.

The question is does the new dead dragon breathe fire or ice? If its fire he could smoke the Wall, or at least mess it up bad.

I just don't see Cersei not trying to screw them all over next week.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:

I don't think so. I don't believe the prophecy of "The dragon has three heads" necessarily refers to three literal dragon heads. I think it's referring to three people who represent the rebirth of House Targaryen. Or perhaps three people who will rule the kingdom after the dust settles.

But it's also possible that Viserion might be saved somehow. Keep in mind that in addition to the "evil" undead reanimated by the White Walkers, we've also seen "good" undead like Beric and Jon reanimated by the Lord of Light, and "semi" undead like Benjen Stark who was saved from total transformation into a wight by the Children of the Forest implanting him in the heart with dragonglass.

So who knows if the dragon is salvageable. Bran and Meera know how Benjen was saved by the Children, so they might come up with a plan to shoot Viserion in the heart with a dragonglass spear from a Scorpion, thus possibly reversing at least the White Walker's control, if not his undead status.

Or, since a Red Priest or Priestess can bring people back from the dead, might they be able to reverse the dragon's wightdom? King's blood allows for strong magic, and with Jon, Gendry, and Dany all working together, Melissandre would have access to three doses of royal blood if needed for a powerful resurrection like that.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I just don't see Cersei not trying to screw them all over next week.

Yeah, last season ended with one of her most evil plots ever, and she was consulting with her evil hand two episodes ago.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So was it just me or did the eye on Johns Wolf hilt open when he came out of the water?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've seen the rabid speculation in those clickbait articles this morning, but it was just a reflection/trick of the light due to the camera angle. Longclaw's eyes are made from reflective red jewels, and they're always open.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if somehow they are going to use trial-by-combat to set up Cleganebowl. I could actually see Cersei agreeing to it because she'd never consider respecting the outcome if her man lost, but it's hard to imagine Dany agreeing to it. Yet, TBC has been a recurring theme and Cersei might consider it her safest of options.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Now, I 'haf' a machine gun dragon. HO HO HO

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've seen the rabid speculation in those clickbait articles this morning, but it was just a reflection/trick of the light due to the camera angle. Longclaw's eyes are made from reflective red jewels, and they're always open.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Snow/ice on the jewel, water splashes on it & clears it up?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Well if you want a real answer it would be hardhome. A known freefolk port for years that even traded with eastwatch.

Undead polar bears, dragons, ressurected dead men, snarks, and goblins and you question the chains... lol Big Grin

OK, very plausible, that works.

Next WTF....WHY, did the Night King aim for Visarion, the dragon in the air, when 100 yards away, there sat on the ground an even bigger dragon, with the girl in white and all our heroes trying to climb aboard?

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Because all the characters were on Drogon's back, and it would have been really inconvenient for plot purposes if Drogon died and they were stranded there?

No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because all the characters were on Drogon's back, and it would have been really inconvenient for plot purposes if Drogon died and they were stranded there?

And the other two dragons were still attacking his army, or could at any time at least. Minimalize any further loss by taking out a current threat.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Well if you want a real answer it would be hardhome. A known freefolk port for years that even traded with eastwatch.

Undead polar bears, dragons, ressurected dead men, snarks, and goblins and you question the chains... lol Big Grin

OK, very plausible, that works.

Next WTF....WHY, did the Night King aim for Visarion, the dragon in the air, when 100 yards away, there sat on the ground an even bigger dragon, with the girl in white and all our heroes trying to climb aboard?

Because he wanted to be in a hottub with his soulmate?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Naturally.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ pics no worky for me ("this image or video has been moved or deleted")

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I'm wondering if somehow they are going to use trial-by-combat to set up Cleganebowl. I could actually see Cersei agreeing to it because she'd never consider respecting the outcome if her man lost, but it's hard to imagine Dany agreeing to it. Yet, TBC has been a recurring theme and Cersei might consider it her safest of options.

Dog owes no particular allegiance to Daenerys, though. At this point I seen no reason for him to agree or for her to choose him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post