SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
There is a clip from the leaked episode that is making it's way around the internet. (You Tube)

I saw it by accident and consider it pretty important. Guys are hiding the name of the video by changing the link name or posting it on Facebook and forcing you to read what it is about.

If you see anything referencing NightKing or Walkers, stay away.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12327 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Previews are spoilers? Wow. Winter is Coming and so are the snowflakes

Technically previews are spoilers. I can respect those who wish to not watch and hear about previews and understand why. No need to hate on how others want to enjoy the GoT experience. Nor dwell on it after they've been chased away from the thread.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
There is a clip from the leaked episode that is making it's way around the internet. (You Tube)

I saw it by accident and consider it pretty important. Guys are hiding the name of the video by changing the link name or posting it on Facebook and forcing you to read what it is about.

Yes, I have watched pieces of the leak. I would stay off social media and not google anything game of thrones if you want to stay unspoiled.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I watched episode 6 last night (and again just now.)

I wouldn't have, but I will be traveling all weekend and will not be able to watch it Sunday.

If you want it from a reliable source, let me know, though if I wasn't traveling I would have waited.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Yes, I have watched pieces of the leak. I would stay off social media and not google anything game of thrones if you want to stay unspoiled Unsullied .

Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

I wouldn't have, but I will be traveling all weekend and will not be able to watch it Sunday.

If you want it from a reliable source, let me know, though if I wasn't traveling I would have waited.

Does it come with a guy coughing in the background?

Lol yes, unsullied

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Does it come with a guy coughing in the background?

Lol yes, unsullied

ha... no. 1080p, rip from a dvr, I imagine.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
So what do we like for youtube reviews, analysis, etc.?

I'm still kind of searching, but so far I like the following. (I think at least two of the three have been previously referenced in this or other GoT threads.)

• Afterbuzz - for right after the show ends. They seem reasonably knowledgeable, not overly annoying, and one of the chicks is pretty cute, which is a bonus.

• Talking Thrones - Pretty good commentary and observation, and there's something comical about the guy that's hard to describe. He has a kind of odd delivery, and his timing for use of profanity cracks me up. Careful not to click on his spoiler videos if you don't want 'em.

• The New Rockstars - Erik Voss - I find his reviews to be the most insightful and well presented. It usually takes a few days for him to put one out, but it's worth the wait.

I've watched several others and the above are my preferred, so far.

What y'all got?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Depends on what I want.

New rockstars -I liked them last season, my guess is they were in theatre/filming because they catch alot of the directors stuff and tones of the scenes. They were getting political for awhile but have seemed to chill out.

Emergency Awesome - I know alot of book readers dont care for him but he does a good job. Plus he has 2M followers... damn.

The Last Harpy - a bit different from the other 2 but a hardcore book related guy. His videos are short and to the point.

Alt shift X - a nice dry kind of humor, also a book reader

read team review - carmine has gotten a little preachy and is one of those book canon literalist guys. BUt does good reviews.

talking thrones - for serious spoilers. He seems to have someone on the inside as all of his spoiler/leaks have come true. He called several things one of which Sam leaving the citadel specifically which episode and why. I wouldnt venture here unless you want spoilers.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
New Rockstars/Erik Voss' episode 5 breakdown is now available. I'm watching it now.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfXGUGi4Ok

He talks about Dany using Drogon's breath to burn the Tarley's to death. One thing I think everyone is missing about that scene is that Dany is actually living by the words of Ned Stark, at least to be the best of her ability: "The man who passes the sentence should swing blade." She doesn't seem to relish killing them, but knows it must be done, and that she must do it.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
i thought it was more like Olennas.

Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends on what I want.

New rockstars -I liked them last season, my guess is they were in theatre/filming because they catch alot of the directors stuff and tones of the scenes. They were getting political for awhile but have seemed to chill out.

Emergency Awesome - I know alot of book readers dont care for him but he does a good job. Plus he has 2M followers... damn.

The Last Harpy - a bit different from the other 2 but a hardcore book related guy. His videos are short and to the point.

Alt shift X - a nice dry kind of humor, also a book reader

read team review - carmine has gotten a little preachy and is one of those book canon literalist guys. BUt does good reviews.

talking thrones - for serious spoilers. He seems to have someone on the inside as all of his spoiler/leaks have come true. He called several things one of which Sam leaving the citadel specifically which episode and why. I wouldnt venture here unless you want spoilers.

Not a fan of Last Harpy. I read all the books myself...and find the theories they post ridiculous and not plausible. For example...Ned still being alive and being a faceless man Roll Eyes

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Theres quite a few click baiters in the mix with theories to go with thier ties.

Side note guys. Stay off youtube. Lots of reviews of episode 6 and spoiler pics as the thumbnail.

Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting, missed the crate before but I see it now. As far as clegane bowl goes if the hound wins does that mean brienne could have bested the mountain? Lol.

I think cersei would punish him for leaving during the blackwater.

Brienne only beat Jamie because he was a prisoner of war, sitting in his own shit for six months. She only beat the Hound because he was sick from the neck bite he got the week before. If either of them were well fed and healthy, the'd wipe the floor with her. Hell, Little Arya got the better of her, and Brienne had the height, weight, and years of formal training on Arya.

Brienne is highly overrated IMO. Yeah, she can kick the shit out of men at arms, and perhaps a Sergeant. But against a real Knight, she'd get her ass handed to her.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
So what do we like for youtube reviews, analysis, etc.?

The video reviews all seem too quick for my tastes and the hosts end-up being distractions themselves.

Best review overall is Game of Thrones The Podcast by Bald Move. Hands down best review of the show. The other podcasts tend to sound like a bunch of jokey friends all hanging-out, trying to out-talk or, out remark each other. This podcast has been running since the beginning and is now the most popular due to the host A.Ron being very good at staying on-topic and fleshing-out the various angles. There's three episodes a week: a quick take on Sunday, an in-depth review on Tue/Wed and a spoiler/book review episode on Thu/Fri.

There's been two other partners over the course of the six years of the program, both were not book readers so they bring a different perspective that is welcome to the reviews and discussions. The first couple of season talks, A.Ron was paired with another host (not Jim) who had a military background and he was able to comment about armor, weapons, tactics and general issues within a military context, something that most other podcasts have no background or, familiarization. The current co-host Jim started out as a boob however he's rounded-out into being a better partner and topic facilitator in the discussions.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:
Interesting, missed the crate before but I see it now. As far as clegane bowl goes if the hound wins does that mean brienne could have bested the mountain? Lol.

I think cersei would punish him for leaving during the blackwater.

Brienne only beat Jamie because he was a prisoner of war, sitting in his own shit for six months. She only beat the Hound because he was sick from the neck bite he got the week before. If either of them were well fed and healthy, the'd wipe the floor with her. Hell, Little Arya got the better of her, and Brienne had the height, weight, and years of formal training on Arya.

Brienne is highly overrated IMO. Yeah, she can kick the shit out of men at arms, and perhaps a Sergeant. But against a real Knight, she'd get her ass handed to her.

Loras Tyrell?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
This is pretty funny, comparison of Drogon meeting Jon Snow and the dragon from Shrek meeting Donkey.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The...382473891841/photo/1

http://www.refinery29.com/2017...gon-shrek-comparison

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lord Randal Tarly, Rip.

You were the best soldier in Westeros.

I will bend the knee to you anytime.

Long Live Lord Tarly!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Lord Randal Tarly, Rip.

Long Live Lord Tarly!

Highly effective soldier/commander, but what a huge douchebag to Sam he was, and didn't he propose flogging his own men to speed them up? Gotta think his moral code wasn't nearly that of someone like Ned Stark.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Lord Randal Tarly, Rip.

Long Live Lord Tarly!

Highly effective soldier/commander, but what a huge douchebag to Sam he was, and didn't he propose flogging his own men to speed them up? Gotta think his moral code wasn't nearly that of someone like Ned Stark.

Yes, theyre setting it up for jaime to lead the army of the living. Staying with the men at the cavalary charge, purposely losing a battle to win the war at high garden. Hes got redemption arc written all over him. I recall hating him from the beginning but now hes one of my favorites. He just needs to pushed a bit farther away from cersei is all.

Remember season 4 young cersei, you will have 3 kids prophecy from maggie the frog. Shes either lying, miscarriage (which would drive her more mad), or will get killed before its born.

Total guess based on show clues but... jaime thr king/queen/ and maybe kinslayer.