SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deplorable_Dixie:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Deplorable_Dixie:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
And there is a chance that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard if Aerys raped Joanna Lannister, which could explain why Tywinn hated him even more than just because he's a dwarf. And how many terms have we heard "every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes" repeated?

Hmmm... I think Tywinn would have had Tyrion killed as a baby, if he knew about it that is.

Otherwise maybe.

Actually it is more likely that Cersei and Jamie are sons of Aerys vs tyrion. Ser barristan tells a story to Dany about it in the books.

Could you describe where and in what book Selmy says this because I cannot find it. Im going to have to disagree that it's more likely that Cersi and Jamie are more likely to be the Mad King's offspring because of several statements in A World of Ice and Fire (pg 113-114 and also pp. 203):
-Rhaella, Mad King's sister and wife, dismissed Joanna Lannister as one of her ladies in waiting because she did not approve of the Mad King "turning her ladies into whores. Which happened shortly after the Mad King was crowned (262 AC). Joanna remained in Casterly rock for many years and did not return to Kings Landing until 272 AC.
-jamie and Cersi were born on 266 AC at the rock
-272 AC all the Lannister return to Kings landing for a tourney where the Mad King makes some comment to Joanna about hoping that breastfeeding her twins didn't ruin her tits. Tywin tried to resign as Hand, but the Mad King wouldn't accept his resignation
-Then just 1 year later she does giving birth to Tyrion.

So there's no way that the Mad King could have fathered Cersi and Jamie according to those dates. And actually plausible that he could have fathered Tyrion. Not to mention almost every description of Tyrion in the first book talks about how his hair isnt the "Lannister golden hair" but more Ash/white looking (Lannister+Targaryeans). Also Tyrion talks about dreaming of fire and dragons...which so do Jon (when he is mad at Benjen he dreams about him burning then feels guilty about it) and Dany. And all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.

Just saying lol.

Ha no worries, I actually haven't read the books just seen three seperate analysis from different sources. I guess said timelines dont match up!

"A Dance with Dragons

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.”

Oh right right. I do remember that conversation now. I do think that something may have happened between them before the twins were born (consensual or not).. but he just couldn't have fathered the twins according to that timeline I listed above.

Which also explains the pissed off look Tywin has when joffrey mentions it in the show. As if Tywin didn't always look pissed off, lol. Charles Dance is awesome.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Charles Dance is awesome.

Agreed, what a great actor.

All in all the acting on this show has been good to great, even with some of the personnel turnover.

I'm glad they went with the new Mountain after season 1 - the original guy wasn't convincing for me.

Same with Lancel Lannister, the first one seemed like he should have been romping with the other men, so the sparrow version was much improved.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Charles Dance is awesome.

Agreed, what a great actor.

All in all the acting on this show has been good to great, even with some of the personnel turnover.

I'm glad they went with the new Mountain after season 1 - the original guy wasn't convincing for me.

Same with Lancel Lannister, the first one seemed like he should have been romping with the other men, so the sparrow version was much improved.

Dario Naharis... The first one was too pretty

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yup.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!WARNING

So the "Magnificent Seven" go beyond the wall. The GOT version at least: 7 desperate men go north of the wall for various reasons; God (Lord of Light), redemption, straight drunk nut case, a King's duty to his people, duty to his people and for his friend, one to prove himself, and another to prove themselves for their queen.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice they seemed to put a big emphasis on Gendry's hammer and hammer wielding skills? The altercation with the 2 gold cloaks could have been skipped entirely were it not for Gendry braining them like it was nothing. I did like how straightforward he was when he met Jon snow. Didnt hide his identity and was happy to fight alongside the bastard son of Eddard Stark.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone else notice they seemed to put a big emphasis on Gendry's hammer and hammer wielding skills?

Yup.

I had forgotten that the Onion Knight let him go. Hopefully he proves to be a good ally.

He also has the stag on his hammer.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Did anyone else notice they seemed to put a big emphasis on Gendry's hammer and hammer wielding skills?

Yup.

I had forgotten that the Onion Knight let him go. Hopefully he proves to be a good ally.

He also has the stag on his hammer.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gendry was just brought back briefly, to please fans.

Potential Spoiler:

In the preview for episode 6, The Hound is shown wielding Gendry's hammer. Gendry might bite the dust, and The Hound realize a warhammer is alot more effective against skeletons than a steel sword.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see it being short lived, cannon fodder-type appearance.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

It wouldn't surprise me if Gendry was just brought back briefly, to please fans.

Potential Spoiler:
In the preview for episode 6, The Hound is shown wielding Gendry's hammer. Gendry might bite the dust, and The Hound realize a warhammer is alot more effective against skeletons than a steel sword.

I thought they brought him back just because of his blacksmith skillset. Would be great for dragon glass and I wonder if he has the ability to shape valyrian steel.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

It's a nod to Robert Baratheon, Gendry's father, who was renowned for his warhammer-wielding skills back in his prime. He fought armed with a massive spiked warhammer that was reportedly so heavy that Ned Stark could barely lift it.

For example, at the Battle of the Trident back during Robert's Rebellion, Robert killed Rhaegar Targaryen with a single blow from the warhammer, hitting Rhaegar so hard that he shattered his breastplate and caved in his chest.

Robert wasn't always a fat, drunken slob. He used to be one of the strongest and most formidable warriors in Westeros.

And now Gendry's carrying on the family legacy of crushing his enemies with a big-ass hammer.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ When talking about Spoilers - please be more careful and put some space between the warning and the spoiler itself, it's too easy to see the show thing at a glance otherwise.

I avoid Previews and Reviews on purpose, yet saw the one above before I realized it.

So a handful of carriage returns / blank lines would help a lot, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Gendrys master is the smith who reforged the sword Ice into Oathkeeper and Widows Wail....Gendry might be the one who reinvents valerian steel.

Cheers
Jaycat

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
None of that is really spoilers, the early seasons talked about Roberts skills, his massive warhammer, and what a ferocious warrior he was. Kind of why he was such a shit and depressed king, he got fat and nobody to smash anymore

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
That's why he always hunting whores and fucking boars. Or was it the other way around?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I thought they brought him back just because of his blacksmith skillset. Would be great for dragon glass and I wonder if he has the ability to shape valyrian steel.

It seemed like when they were loading the boats to go from Dragonstone to Eastwatch there was a box of something that sounded like it could be dragonglass loaded.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
When they leave the tunnel there are guys behind the 7 dragging something too.

///////
Spoiler if u dont watch previews
///////
And then in the preview for next week.... spoiler alerts id you dont watch previews, they show men running the tunnel again. Ambush by them maybe? If you look at whats left of what we havent seen from the GOT last preview b4 the season started you can piece together what is gonna happen.

End spoilers based on previews.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Gendrys master is the smith who reforged the sword Ice into Oathkeeper and Widows Wail....Gendry might be the one who reinvents valerian steel.

Cheers
Jaycat
I think the smith that did that came across the narrow sea at Tywins request, not Gendry's master.

IIRC.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Gendrys master is the smith who reforged the sword Ice into Oathkeeper and Widows Wail....
I think the smith that did that came across the narrow sea at Tywins request, not Gendry's master.

Gendry's master was Tobho Mott in both the books and the show.

In the books, it was Tobho Mott who reforged Ice into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

But in the show, Ice was reforged by an unnamed master smith that Tywin brought over from Volantis.

So in the show, there's no evidence that Tobho Mott (and therefore Gendry) has any specialized knowledge about Valyrian steel.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct, I was referencing the show and what Tyson said - but I figured there could be some reference to the book that the show didn't follow.