SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I'm amazed at those who actually know everyone's name Big Grin

No joke. I keep this link (or one similar to it) every season as I watch the show. Hell, I sometimes refer to it on my 2nd monitor while I am watching.

Game of Thrones family tree

It has versions of "this" for each of the 7 Kingdom's main houses -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking there well may be a sharing of power when all is said and done. I don't know what form that will take, but one-to-rule them all is far from certain in my mind. It could be anything from Dany ruling the south and Jon the north, to some form of representative government. Dany has started harping on breaking the wheel again. She seems to mean she'll eliminate all threats to her rule, but maybe the wheel will be broken in some other way she's not yet planned.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
As long as Cersei dies in some spectacularly deserving fashion I'll be pretty satisfied.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking there well may be a sharing of power when all is said and done. I don't know what form that will take, but one-to-rule them all is far from certain in my mind. It could be anything from Dany ruling the south and Jon the north, to some form of representative government. Dany has started harping on breaking the wheel again. She seems to mean she'll eliminate all threats to her rule, but maybe the wheel will be broken in some other way she's not yet planned.

Dany is starting to get annoying with this bend the knee business. I am in agreement with you. And with what GRRM has said about the ending I agree with your assessment.

If what I just saw is true, you guys are gonna shit yourselves next episode!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
If what I just saw is true, you guys are gonna shit yourselves next episode!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I'm amazed at those who actually know everyone's name Big Grin

No joke. I keep this link (or one similar to it) every season as I watch the show. Hell, I sometimes refer to it on my 2nd monitor while I am watching.

Game of Thrones family tree

It has versions of "this" for each of the 7 Kingdom's main houses -

That helps. Now I just have to put faces with the names of all those other than the half-dozen (or so) central characters.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw what I thought was a spoiler, too, and can't even ask without potentially revealing it.

And I hate spoilers, too, so it's sort of agonizing - in so much as a TV show can be.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Isn't Benjen undead? Wink

I never watch the previews, so any spoilers are certainly unwelcome. But if you guys just put a spoiler warning, then we'll all get along.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Benjen is shroedingers cat right now.

I agree no spoilers. LOL hit me up on email 46n2.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Isn't Benjen undead? Wink

I think he's technically half-dead. Smile

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
lol! I am surprised they haven't given him a weaponized hand yet.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Too bad he gave away his sword to Brienne or that might have been possible.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jaime still has a Valyrian steel sword. He currently wields Widow's Wail, the sister blade to Oathkeeper, the sword he gave Brienne.

Tywin Lannister had Ned Stark's Valyrian steel greatsword Ice reworked into two longswords: Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

He presented Oathkeeper to Jaime, who eventually gave it Brienne. Widow's Wail was given to Joffrey, then it passed to Tommen upon Joffrey's death, and Jaime carries Widow's Wail now that Tommen is dead.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hell in addition to Cersei biting the dust, I want to see Littlefinger get the needle. Smile Both are characters that shouldn't be long for their worlds.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Big Grin

Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
And there is a chance that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard if Aerys raped Joanna Lannister, which could explain why Tywinn hated him even more than just because he's a dwarf. And how many terms have we heard "every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes" repeated?

Hmmm... I think Tywinn would have had Tyrion killed as a baby, if he knew about it that is.

Otherwise maybe.

Actually it is more likely that Cersei and Jamie are sons of Aerys vs tyrion. Ser barristan tells a story to Dany about it in the books.

Could you describe where and in what book Selmy says this because I cannot find it.
I'm going to have to disagree that it's more likely that Cersi and Jamie are more likely to be the Mad King's offspring than Tyrion because of several statements in A World of Ice and Fire (pg 113-114 and also pp. 203):
-Rhaella, Mad King's sister and wife, dismissed Joanna Lannister as one of her ladies in waiting because she did not approve of the Mad King "turning her ladies into whores". The dismissal happened shortly after the Mad King was crowned (262 AC). It says Joanna remained in Casterly Rock for many years and did not return to Kings Landing until 272 AC.
-Jamie and Cersi were born in 266 AC at Casterly Rock
-272 AC: all the Lannister return to Kings landing for a tourney where the Mad King makes some comment to Joanna about hoping that breastfeeding her twins didn't ruin her tits. Tywin tried to resign as Hand after that, but the Mad King wouldn't accept his resignation
-Then in 273 AC (1 year later) she dIes giving birth to Tyrion.

So there's no way that the Mad King could have fathered Cersi and Jamie according to those dates. And actually plausible that he could have fathered Tyrion.

Not to mention almost every description of Tyrion in the first book talks about how his hair isn't the "Lannister golden hair" but more ash/white looking (Lannister+Targaryean mix?).
Tyrion talks about dreaming of fire and dragons... He has a long conversation about being fascinated with fire and wanting to burn Tywin and Cersi (conversation with Jon while they are heading to the Wall).
Jon dreams about fire and burning people as well (when he is mad at Benjen he dreams about him burning then feels guilty about it)
And all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deplorable_Dixie:
quote:
quote:
quote:
And there is a chance that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard if Aerys raped Joanna Lannister, which could explain why Tywinn hated him even more than just because he's a dwarf. And how many terms have we heard "every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes" repeated?

Hmmm... I think Tywinn would have had Tyrion killed as a baby, if he knew about it that is.

Otherwise maybe.

Actually it is more likely that Cersei and Jamie are sons of Aerys vs tyrion. Ser barristan tells a story to Dany about it in the books.

Could you describe where and in what book Selmy says this because I cannot find it. Im going to have to disagree that it's more likely that Cersi and Jamie are more likely to be the Mad King's offspring because of several statements in A World of Ice and Fire (pg 113-114 and also pp. 203):
-Rhaella, Mad King's sister and wife, dismissed Joanna Lannister as one of her ladies in waiting because she did not approve of the Mad King "turning her ladies into whores. Which happened shortly after the Mad King was crowned (262 AC). Joanna remained in Casterly rock for many years and did not return to Kings Landing until 272 AC.
-jamie and Cersi were born on 266 AC at the rock
-272 AC all the Lannister return to Kings landing for a tourney where the Mad King makes some comment to Joanna about hoping that breastfeeding her twins didn't ruin her tits. Tywin tried to resign as Hand, but the Mad King wouldn't accept his resignation
-Then just 1 year later she does giving birth to Tyrion.

So there's no way that the Mad King could have fathered Cersi and Jamie according to those dates. And actually plausible that he could have fathered Tyrion. Not to mention almost every description of Tyrion in the first book talks about how his hair isnt the "Lannister golden hair" but more Ash/white looking (Lannister+Targaryeans). Also Tyrion talks about dreaming of fire and dragons...which so do Jon (when he is mad at Benjen he dreams about him burning then feels guilty about it) and Dany. And all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.

Just saying lol.

Ha no worries, I actually haven't read the books just seen three seperate analysis from different sources. I guess said timelines dont match up!

"A Dance with Dragons

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.”

Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Deplorable_Dixie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Otherwise maybe.

Could you describe where and in what book Selmy says this because I cannot find it. Im going to have to disagree that it's more likely that Cersi and Jamie are more likely to be the Mad King's offspring because of several statements in A World of Ice and Fire (pg 113-114 and also pp. 203):
-Rhaella, Mad King's sister and wife, dismissed Joanna Lannister as one of her ladies in waiting because she did not approve of the Mad King "turning her ladies into whores. Which happened shortly after the Mad King was crowned (262 AC). Joanna remained in Casterly rock for many years and did not return to Kings Landing until 272 AC.
-jamie and Cersi were born on 266 AC at the rock
-272 AC all the Lannister return to Kings landing for a tourney where the Mad King makes some comment to Joanna about hoping that breastfeeding her twins didn't ruin her tits. Tywin tried to resign as Hand, but the Mad King wouldn't accept his resignation
-Then just 1 year later she does giving birth to Tyrion.

So there's no way that the Mad King could have fathered Cersi and Jamie according to those dates. And actually plausible that he could have fathered Tyrion. Not to mention almost every description of Tyrion in the first book talks about how his hair isnt the "Lannister golden hair" but more Ash/white looking (Lannister+Targaryeans). Also Tyrion talks about dreaming of fire and dragons...which so do Jon (when he is mad at Benjen he dreams about him burning then feels guilty about it) and Dany. And all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.

Just saying lol.

Ha no worries, I actually haven't read the books just seen three seperate analysis from different sources. I guess said timelines dont match up!

"A Dance with Dragons

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.”

Oh right right. I do remember that conversation now. I do think that something may have happened between them before the twins were born (consensual or not).. but he just couldn't have fathered the twins according to that timeline I listed above.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post