SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
although possession is 9/10ths and a Baratheon still technically sits on the throne. And Gendry is the only real Baratheon left.

But they may only be royalty if they come from named houses. Gendry's mother was a whore. So unless there's some sort of amazing revelation, he's still got no claim to the throne despite his father.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Regarding Jon v. Dany as heir to the throne, isn't the rule pretty much if any male heir, even a bastard, is around, the female is SOL?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Rhaegar was crown prince, so it should go to Jon rightfully.

And Jon should presumably get Rhaegal; the dragons only accept one rider, I believe, so Drogon is Dany's alone.

And there is a chance that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard if Aerys raped Joanna Lannister, which could explain why Tywinn hated him even more than just because he's a dwarf. And how many terms have we heard "every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes" repeated?

Tyrion did invent a saddle for dwarves (and cripples), so perhaps it could be applied to a dragon were he to ride Viserion. I bet Viserion is the one that does and gets turned into an undead dragon though.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
On another note, I've just had another thought:

After the battle with the undead and the Night King, I'm assuming the living will prevail and the Night's Watch can be disbanded. Which would make Samwell the lord of Horn Hill.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm guessing that Drogon allowing Jon to touch him is a hint of Jon's Targaryen blood? Daenerys had an interesting look on her face - as if she realized that something special was happening in that moment but she wasn't quite sure what it was.

I would kill to have Daenerys look at me the way she looked at Jon. Smile I think, like many have speculated, they will hook up later.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Dunno about that.

On another note, I've just had another thought:

After the battle with the undead and the Night King, I'm assuming the living will prevail and the Night's Watch can be disbanded. Which would make Samwell the lord of Horn Hill.

Yeah, I think they set that up for season 8 so Sam can declare what few men they have left for Jon/the North to fight the White Walkers.

The whole show revolves around bastards and cast-offs rising to the top, so Sam's rise would mirror Jon's, Varys', Little Finger's, Tyrion's, etc.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't Gendry have a rightful claim to the throne, if he decided to pursue it?

Also, was it here or elsewhere that ppl speculated Tyrion might be a bastard child of a Targaryan? Didn't his mother die in childbirth like Jon Snow? That would make sense with how he was able to safely remove a collar from one of the dragons.

Edit: looks like someone beat me to Tyrion's lineage.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Wait, how is Jon ("Ned Stark's bastard") supposedly a Targaryen and related to Dany?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
He's not Ned's bastard. He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's brother) and Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister).

They had an affair together, fell in love, and ran off together to Dorne, but everyone believes that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. They had a son together in secret. Rhaegar was killed in Robert's Rebellion, and Lyanna died in childbirth.

Ned arrived to rescue his sister from her "kidnapping" just as she was dying, and Lyanna revealed the truth to him. She made him promise to raise Jon as his own son, and not to reveal his true lineage, as all the remaining Targaryens were being hunted down. Ned agreed, and passed Jon off as his bastard conceived from some unnamed wench while away at war, which was the most plausible cover story available to him. Ned basically sacrificed his honor and the trust of his marriage with Kat in order to grant his sister's dying wish and save his nephew's life, thus preventing anyone from knowing that Jon was actually a Targaryen.

Even Jon doesn't know the truth, as Ned was executed before he could reveal the truth to Jon. Nobody else knew what really happened, except Ned's close friend from the wars, Howland Reed. (Who's a recluse, and we haven't really seen him yet in either the show or the books, other than a brief appearance in a flashback and a few passing mentions.)

All that about Jon's true parentage had been theorized by fans for many years based on hints in the books and show, and it was all finally confirmed last season, when Bran used his mystical vision to see the past, observing Ned arriving at the Tower, fighting his way inside to his sister, and taking Baby Jon for safekeeping. So now Bran knows the truth.

Now, as just revealed by Gilly in yesterday's episode, it appears that a sympathetic Maester actually annulled Rhaegar's prior marriage and married Rhaegar to Lyanna. So Jon is a legitimate Targaryen son, not a bastard at all (by neither Ned nor Rhaegar).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Wait, how is Jon ("Ned Stark's bastard") supposedly a Targaryen and related to Dany?

really?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

really?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Jon, has the most claim to the throne versus Dani. When Rhaeger died, since he was the crowned prince it passes through primogeniture. Also Jon will ride Rhaegal for sure, name saked after his papa.

I had to laugh at how fast Jorah was running in the preview for next week. He's got wheels man.

quote:
pri·mo·gen·i·ture
ˌprīmōˈjenəˌCHər,ˌprīmōˈjenəˌCHo͝or/Submit
noun
the state of being the firstborn child.
the right of succession belonging to the firstborn child, especially the feudal rule by which the whole real estate of an intestate passed to the eldest son.
noun: right of primogeniture; plural noun: rights of primogeniture

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
THIS is really cool. Props to the guy that put this together so quickly....

https://twitter.com/the_BIGree...s/896923920351215616

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If Dany really does have priority over Jon, that makes me wonder if something's going to happen to Dany, in order to set up Jon eventually taking the throne.
See my post above, or here below.

quote:
(4) I see a betrayal of Dany by Cersei (obviously), one were she dies, yet Cersei is killed by Jamie (when she admits there is no baby) or Arya - or maybe Jamie kills her and Arya the Mountain.

I also add that I see Bronns death by Cersei as pushing Jamie over the edge against her as part of that occurrence.

I give better than even odds Dany never takes the Iron Throne.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Isn't Tyrion a secret Targaryen as well?

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
And there is a chance that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard if Aerys raped Joanna Lannister, which could explain why Tywinn hated him even more than just because he's a dwarf. And how many terms have we heard "every dwarf is a bastard in his father's eyes" repeated?

Hmmm... I think Tywinn would have had Tyrion killed as a baby, if he knew about it that is.

Otherwise maybe.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Hmmm... I think Tywinn would have had Tyrion killed as a baby, if he knew about it that is.

Otherwise maybe.

Actually it is more likely that Cersei and Jamie are sons of Aerys vs tyrion. Ser barristan tells a story to Dany about it in the books.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So many rules.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed at those who actually know everyone's name Big Grin

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post