SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I was searching around online looking for the current thinking on how much time had passed for the characters between Season 1 and now, and found this crowdsourced Google Doc Spreadsheet with a detailed timeline for all characters and major events. Pretty cool, in a nerdy way:

GoT Timeline.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The question isn't if Bran knows (or if he will know) about Littlefinger, imo. It is if he will let himself be a partisan participator in the entire drama. He seems to be saying that he is not Bran Stark anymore but the 3ER, and it will be interesting to see if he allows himself to intervene in the story or will he abandon his family and become a neutral third party.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The question isn't if Bran knows (or if he will know) about Littlefinger, imo. It is if he will let himself be a partisan participator in the entire drama. He seems to be saying that he is not Bran Stark anymore but the 3ER, and it will be interesting to see if he allows himself to intervene in the story or will he abandon his family and become a neutral third party.

Yes... is he some sort of "watcher" and not going to intervene? After Hodor, is he realizing what he can do by accident? He definitely isn't Bran anymore, he is something more.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
^^^ We don't know what exactly Bran knows at this point, and how quickly he'll learn all the important truths. So far he sees fragments, he said. It will be interesting to see if he has sense to hold anything back, or if he will blurt out stuff like "LOL Jon! You're f--king your aunt!"

Yes, but... she is really hot, and rides dragons, so that kinda makes it OK, right?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Iirc littlefinger said the hilt was dragon bone, not glass.

He does. But its a bit of both. Here is a replication of the book same was in on Valyrian steel.

Sams book page recreation
https://i.redd.it/fitb1lipucaz.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deqlyn,

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. You just posted the largest picture in the history of sigforum.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Congratulations. You just posted the largest picture in the history of sigforum.

Not even close my friend.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ha! Very good. Well did you want to read it or not? Razz Its a link from reddit ill throw the link up vs the picture. Fits fine on my phone. Perfectly in the screen.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of respect for the show runners and writers (separating them, in part, from GRRM) for their internal consistency, returning to plot points planted years ago and actually circling around to those point (unlike, say, Lost).

For example, bringing up a point (the symbols) in S7 that was literally planted in S1 E1 is good writing.
Same with the hilarious Jon/Davos interaction "...less men. Fewer.", which is a brilliant nod to Stannis repeatedly correcting the same grammar in previous seasons. Good writing.

It also does justice to the long term fans.

For all the critics of the show, it should be admitted that GoT IS good television.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ The fact that they're so great at attention to detail like that makes GoT incredibly rich. That in large part is why there are dozens, if not more, youtube and written previews and reviews, so many websites and discussions dedicated to it. You can spend hours every week researching and discussing the show, if you like. It's taken the TV watching experience to another level that extends well beyond the end of each episode. Incredible bang for your buck.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Davos, Bronn, Snow, and Tyrion have had some really excellent lines, delivered well... and they aren't the only ones either. I'm not even normally into Fantasy, but it's too good to ignore. It's risen beyond genre, and is simply excellent Television, and excellent Drama.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
For all the critics of the show, it should be admitted that GoT IS good television.

Also, you don't have to watch 3 or 4 seasons to "get into it". Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Davos, Bronn, Snow, and Tyrion have had some really excellent lines, delivered well... and they aren't the only ones either. I'm not even normally into Fantasy, but it's too good to ignore. It's risen beyond genre, and is simply excellent Television, and excellent Drama.

Agreed - the battle where you really want to see the Lanisters get crushed, but you'd prefer Bronn and Jamie don't get killed. Lots of tension and Jamie's charge, with Tyrion watching... not wanting his brother or Queen to get killed, but knowing that it was all but certain one of them would be.

Someone does need to teach Dany to not land right in the middle of the enemy before conducting emergency dragon maintenance / battle damage repair. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Someone does need to teach Dany to not land right in the middle of the enemy before conducting emergency dragon maintenance / battle damage repair. Wink

I pity the Dothraki who has to remove that barbed bolt from Drogon's shoulder. Might want to use a looooooong rope, and hide behind a mountain.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally caught up & watched the last 2 episodes last night. Eek
Arya's a little badass.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

I pity the Dothraki who has to remove that barbed bolt from Drogon's shoulder. Might want to use a looooooong rope, and hide behind a mountain.

Watchin "new rockstars" today and they considered that the dragons will die like thier name sakes. Drogon, hit in the shoulder like khal drogo died of infection, not infection but rather poison from qyburn. Rhegal smashed by a baratheon hammer, maybe gendry if rhaegal goes all ice dragon and gendry finds a v-steel hammer. Hits em in the chest. Etc.. etc...

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to mention Jamie and Randyll Tarley failed to have any scouts or, cavalry to maintain any overwatch of the convoy/loot-train.

You know there's an enemy with dragons running around, you brought the scorpion in anticipation of contact (BTW, what cowards were assigned to man that weapon in the first place?) but, you allowed your convoy to get strung out while not providing any cover or, having a cavalry force to screen your movement..sigh, fantasy. GOT is good stuff.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Not to mention Jamie and Randyll Tarley failed to have any scouts or, cavalry to maintain any overwatch of the convoy/loot-train.

You know there's an enemy with dragons running around, you brought the scorpion in anticipation of contact (BTW, what cowards were assigned to man that weapon in the first place?) but, you allowed your convoy to get strung out while not providing any cover or, having a cavalry force to screen your movement..sigh, fantasy. GOT is good stuff.

Drunk on victory. They had an easy battle, took the Tyrell's land and coin. They were expecting an easy time of it as they so far had out thought Tyrion.......but Daenerys went "Dragon" on their asses.

Davos line, "Will you forgive me if I switch sides?” was great.

I still think the two with the coldest hearts will hook up: The Night King and Cersei. Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So the gold is all melted/destroyed now, right, which was to pay the Iron Bank...?

So now what? Does the Iron Collections Agency get involved, or the funds dry up, or both?