SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I think also it's just too soon for Jamie to die. If he kicks it, Cersei is the only long-time character committed to that side of the war left. A lot of stuff happened to balance the scales between Team Dany and Team Cersei, and to lose both that battle, and Jamie, would seem an almost fatal blow to Team Cersei.

Now, that doesn't mean Jamie might not be captured, setting up a lot more tension in the Dany-Tyrion relationship. A prisoner-swap involving Jamie and Yara might be on the menu, though Yara seems a lot less valuable at this point than Jamie. Tyrion would probably push hard for that, as it would allow him to repay Jamie for helping him escape his death sentence in King's Landing, while remaining true to Dany.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
We don't know if Cersei or Euron has Yara, besides Yara has nothing to offer Dany that would be worth trading Jamie for. I predict Tyrion will release Jamie, thus become Dany's third betrayal (the betrayal of love).

I also see Bronn switching sides, and rejoining Tyrion. Bronn is a pragmatist, and tries to choose the winning side. I believe Bronn and Jamie's conversation in the beginning of the episode is a foreshadow of future events. Bronn is expecting a Castle and title, and as of yet, the Lannisters still haven't paid that debt.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
so how much of the Lannister army did Drogon roast last night?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

I don't know, but he sure roasted a lot of good supplies.

Dany needs someone to teach her battlefield strategory. Start at/towards the head of the column, blast the wagons there, blocking the road, then fly parallel to the road and immolate the soldiers before her horde even engages them, leaving the wagons and loot unburnt.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Jamie won't die from drowning in the river, he's too high value a character to go that way.

I don't see a prisoner swap and Tyrion is dragon crisp if / when he betrays Dany.

I didn't see Dany releasing Jamie, he killed her father and stands with another usurper.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
If he were to be traded for anybody I would think it would be the Dorn woman after her daughter is dead. Cersi still gets her justice and saves Jamie in the process. The Dorn army then has their leader back.

I think Cersi would make that trade to save Jamie, but maybe I'm wrong.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I imagine that the Dragon is going to snatch Jamie out of the water and Dany is going to have a hostage.

Would be interesting to see Jamie and Tyrion interact again, now that Jamie knows that Tyrion didn't poison Geoffrey. Would also be interesting to see how Cersei reacts.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
If he were to be traded for anybody I would think it would be the Dorn woman after her daughter is dead. Cersi still gets her justice and saves Jamie in the process. The Dorn army then has their leader back.

I think Cersi would make that trade to save Jamie, but maybe I'm wrong.

Don't forget, Bronn is damn near in love with the Dorn girl from their time in the Dorn jail. I would not be surprised to see Bronn rescuing her someway.

quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I imagine that the Dragon is going to snatch Jamie out of the water and Dany is going to have a hostage.

Would be interesting to see Jamie and Tyrion interact again, now that Jamie knows that Tyrion didn't poison Geoffrey. Would also be interesting to see how Cersei reacts.

Jamie may know Tyrion had nothing to do with killing Joffrey, but he knows Tyrion did kill their father.........

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Jamie may know Tyrion had nothing to do with killing Joffrey, but he knows Tyrion did kill their father.........

I doubt Jamie cared, other than for the turmoil it caused. He had so little respect for his father he banged his sister right there next to Dead Daddy Tywin's corpse. And now Jamie knows for certain Tywin was going to kill Tyrion for a murder he didn't commit. He probably also knew what went on with Shae.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'll be damned if the water ain't so deep that close to shore.

I thought same thing.

I think Jamie will be a prisoner and Dany will offer a trade for someone. Cersi will deny the trade and Jamie will finally realize the awful bitch she really is.

Bronn is probably my favorite character, I doubt Dany would have him because he switches sides so easily.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:

I thought same thing.

I think Jamie will be a prisoner and Dany will offer a trade for someone. Cersi will deny the trade and Jamie will finally realize the awful bitch she really is.

Bronn is probably my favorite character, I doubt Dany would have him because he switches sides so easily.

Ironically, even though Bronn was griping about his lack of satisfactory reward and the things Jamie was tasking him with, he did choose to go for the scorpion rather than to gather his bag of gold - maybe a sign he wasn't still just a sellsword.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:

I thought same thing.

Ironically, even though Bronn was griping about his lack of satisfactory reward and the things Jamie was tasking him with, he did choose to go for the scorpion rather than to gather his bag of gold - maybe a sign he wasn't still just a sellsword.

what good is gold when you're dead?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget, Bronn is damn near in love with the Dorn girl from their time in the Dorn jail. I would not be surprised to see Bronn rescuing her someway.

Yes, but she's poisoned and death is certain (?), or so they said.

There are plenty of ways it could go with Jamie / Bronn - but I certain they aren't dead (yet). Not sure what to make of Bronn complaining about the castle / gold scene - but he values his life most of all and has no love for Cersi / Lords / Lannisters. He values personal power, money and women. And I don't think Dany would have him, especially with Tyrion on the outs and Bronn shooting the Dragon.

Also don't forget Cersi scheming with the Iron Bank to "get somethings back", could be an attempt to get Tyrion (since she still thinks he kill Geoffrey - and let's be honest, she hated him before that happened - since Jamie hasn't made it back to Kings Landing to tell her) or maybe strike back at the North / Sansa / Little Finger ?

For as down and out as the Lannisters seemed at the beginning of the season, they are doing some damage with Euron's fleet and their army.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

I don't know, but he sure roasted a lot of good supplies.

Dany needs someone to teach her battlefield strategory. Start at/towards the head of the column, blast the wagons there, blocking the road, then fly parallel to the road and immolate the soldiers before her horde even engages them, leaving the wagons and loot unburnt.
Agreed.

At the beginning I thought she might just be doing a drive by shooting with her dragons, more as a 'demonstration of power' to let the horror of what they can do ripple through the Lannisters and their bannermen, not a full Dothraki attack - but maybe she intends to go all the ways o Casterly Rock to assist the Unsullied.

Either way, parrallel attacks to troops about a minute earlier would have made it a complete and utter slaughter. Heck I'm surprised the troops didn't flee after seeing the Dragons fire - but I accept that as the strength / discipline of the Lannister army.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yara is at PYKE, she left with Euron in episode 3. You could see her walking out.

quote:

They are saying that was just the rear-gaurd so not a full 30k men. maybe 5-10k.

They are really pounding the dragons arent invincible story hard. I'd bet one goes down this season. My guess is it falls to zombie giant bow and arrow attack. If you notice, look what's in the hands of the giant on the left. Recall season 5 attacking at the wall.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bronn had been poisoned when in jail across from the girls, and Tyene saved him by tossing him the antidote. Recent events sure seem to foreshadow that Bronn may do the same for her. And now, if Bronn saved Jamie from drowning - he'll owe Bronn even more.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Bronn had been poisoned when in jail across from the girls, and Tyene saved him by tossing him the antidote. Recent events sure seem to foreshadow that Bronn may do the same for her. And now, if Bronn saved Jamie from drowning - he'll owe Bronn even more.
Ok, I can maybe buy that... but to me it's the (lack of) timeliness of any antidote. "Hours, days, maybe weeks". Sure she's strong but it will certainly be weeks between when she was poisoned and any return of Bronn / Jamie - then again she's a beast and dealt with poison her whole life (being Dornish), so maybe that gives her some extra margin for error.

We will see.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
They are really pounding the dragons arent invincible story hard. I'd bet one goes down this season. My guess is it falls to zombie giant bow and arrow attack. If you notice, look what's in the hands of the giant on the left.

In which case we might see the Night King mounted on Zombie Drogon. Eek

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
timeliness

It's a problem, for sure, but there are issues with that throughout this season, so I had sort of written it off as creative license by the HBO team. Bronn wants the girl and a castle, and if he's paid back at all this seems the only real choice, otherwise some bits seem pointless.

Of course, maybe they all (Bronn, Jamie, Tyene) die trying, something actually noble. ?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So would a zombie dragon breath ice?