SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I didn't see a lifeguard. Anyone see a lifeguard? Looks like someone may have drowned.

I don't think he's going out like that

Aye..whoever saved him from the flames will proabaly pull him from the water. Maybe Tyrion will even send a couple of blood riders to rescue him. That would set up an awkward situation.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I believe that was bronn who saved him.

Looks like drogons on the DL til next season, no surprise there.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I didn't see a lifeguard. Anyone see a lifeguard? Looks like someone may have drowned.

I don't see the point of having him knocked off the horse at the last second only to still die.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
quote:

I don't see the point of having him knocked off the horse at the last second only to still die.

Just having a little fun here. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
"Chaos is a ladder" -Bran

50 points if you can guess who said that before and to whom

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

Littlefinger

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
quote:

Littlefinger

Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Weren't they in the throne room tho?

I thought stuff had to happen by weirwoods for him to "see" it

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
No, he saw his father at the Tower of Joy. That wasn't near a weirwood.

If you mean Bran needs to be near a weirwood to see, he must have already studied up on the activities of Littlefinger.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Easy answer Bronn, more plausible is Dickon, since he saved Jamie during the battle.

Only one dragon was used, there's two more on-deck.

Now that Sansa has seen Arya's water-dancing skills, I suspect the Stark girls and Brienne will all work to get rid of Littlefinger?

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Great episode, no question.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Easy answer Bronn, more plausible is Dickon, since he saved Jamie

Jamie sank quickly. Whoever saved him didn't. You can see the rescuer doesn't sink - he kind of floats. Dickon was wearing armor. Bronn was not.

I think the cave scene at Dragonstone was heavy foreshadowing for Jon and Dany's relationship, and we don't know how their conversation ended. Recall Jon and Ygritte consummated their relationship in a cave. He took Dany by the arm at one point. As they were leaving the cave, side by side, it gave the impression they were a couple - if felt like a wedding scene to me. That would be the obvious way for them to ally without Jon having to bend the knee. Recall Dany dumped Dario in anticipation of the need to possibly marry for political reasons.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'll be damned if the water ain't so deep that close to shore.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
So who is going to photoshop Daenerys in place of Ltc Kilgore, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
quote:

Jamie sank quickly. Whoever saved him didn't. You can see the rescuer doesn't sink - he kind of floats. Dickon was wearing armor. Bronn was not.

I think the cave scene at Dragonstone was heavy foreshadowing for Jon and Dany's relationship, and we don't know how their conversation ended. Recall Jon and Ygritte consummated their relationship in a cave. He took Dany by the arm at one point. As they were leaving the cave, side by side, it gave the impression they were a couple - if felt like a wedding scene to me. That would be the obvious way for them to ally without Jon having to bend the knee. Recall Dany dumped Dario in anticipation of the need to possibly marry for political reasons.

Incredible forshadowing...

"Bend the knee"

At what other time, other than pledging loyalty to a monarch do you "bend the knee."

I'm guessing it is lame forshadowing of a proposal/marriage between Jon/Dany....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
quote:

Incredible forshadowing...

"Bend the knee"

At what other time, other than pledging loyalty to a monarch do you "bend the knee."

I'm guessing it is lame forshadowing of a proposal/marriage between Jon/Dany....

I agree - it might happen in the final episode of this season.
What I'm not sure about is what Jon can bring to the partnership. I think he needs Daenerys more than she needs him

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:

Littlefinger

Yup.

Correct, but who did little finger say it to?

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:

Littlefinger

Yup.

Correct, but who did little finger say it to?

Varys

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^ correct. My wife remembered that. It was varys talkin to petyr in the throne room. It was also in season 3 trailer.
quote:

Lord Varys: I did what I did for the good of the realm.

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: The realm. Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.

Lord Varys: But what do we have left, once we abandon the lie? Chaos? A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all.

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
It was Bronn that saved Jamie. Again. If you slow it down on streaming you get a good enough look yo see long hair, an olive jacket, no armor.

I sincerely doubt that's how Jamie goes out. The showrunners and Martin have invested entirely too much in his character arc for him to drown after being saved. If they were going to kill him off in that scene he would have just eaten fire, IMHO.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post