SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
They are running out of episodes to still be having "set up" episodes, it's the end game now.

Deanarys is getting her ass kicked, wonder if Jorah will come and help her with strategy. Jamie knows Tyrion is innocent now, that could be interesting. Will John and Dany figure out they are related?

In the episode, Jorah did say he was going to find Deanarys because she was responsible for him still being alive. I also think the Second Sons will be joining the fight simply because Deanarys is running out of allies and she'll need all the help she can get.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
After Olenna Tyrell drank the poison, she should have keeled over like the Sicilian Vizzini in "The Princess Bride."

So I looked this up on YouTube and only heard the Grand Nagus from Deep Space Nine.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
After Olenna Tyrell drank the poison, she should have keeled over like the Sicilian Vizzini in "The Princess Bride."

I did not think she was given the same poison, just a poison which is fatal.

quote:
I'm not sure Olenna is done with Cersie. I'd like to think she has left some trap, and she is smart and mean enough.

I kept hoping the decanter of wine Jamie poured was poisoned and after she drank the glass with the poison Jamie poured, Jamie would drink the second glass of wine (spiked Olenna).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Wonder what information will be hidden in all those manuscripts Sam has to copy?

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I think the twist might come with the Iron Bank.

Cersei had told them they would have their payment, and she intended to give it to them, at least in part, by using money taken from the Tyrells. I'm wondering if that money somehow doesn't get to where its supposed to be going and is intercepted along the road. Dothraki maybe?

And I also wonder if Beric will somehow show up at Dragonstone, perhaps because of Thoros. I could see the two "fire wights" (Jon and Beric) bolstering Daenerys' ranks now that the typical Westerosi armies have been defeated.

It seems to be a motif: doing things as conventional for the Westerosi leads to downfall. If one wants to break the wheel, one needs to stop playing the Game as Granny Tyrell or Cersei would play it and unite for some other cause. Hence why bastards and eunuchs seem to be the driving force for "good" and the struggle between the bastards and eunuchs and the typical Game players in Ep. 1.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
It seems to be a motif: doing things as conventional for the Westerosi leads to downfall. If one wants to break the wheel, one needs to stop playing the Game as Granny Tyrell or Cersei would play it and unite for some other cause. Hence why bastards and eunuchs seem to be the driving force for "good" and the struggle between the bastards and eunuchs and the typical Game players in Ep. 1.

GOT has always been about extreme underdogs: Bastards, eunuchs, imps, abused women and children, orphans, slaves etc. The meek shall inherit the earth and all. Protagonists are pretty much always underdogs, but GOT takes it to another level.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jamie knows Tyrion is innocent now, that could be interesting.

Indeed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Jamie knows Tyrion is innocent now, that could be interesting.

Indeed.

Especially considering the relationship between Brienne and Jamie. Remember Jamie gave Brienne oathkeeper? What happens when Jamie finds out he will have to face her on the field of battle?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Wonder what information will be hidden in all those manuscripts Sam has to copy?

I have a feeling a particular set of manuscripts were picked for him to copy,

not just moldy/mite ridden paper,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I was half expecting to see Olenna Tyrell and Tyene Sand drink the same poison as Joffrey.

Shame to see Tyene killed off. Maybe Bronn will save her with Jamie's help. They did say it could take days. And Jamie has further reason to betray Cersie. And he still owes Bronn. And Lannisters always pay their debts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Trying to recall, is there anything that 100% proves Varys isn't playing the role of a double-agent? It seems highly unlikely, but the rate at which Tyrion is racking up major military catastrophes stunning. It's as if someone is telling team Cersei what Dany's every next move is. Tyrion needs to stick to politics.

At the moment, aside from her dragons, all Dany has at her disposal is her Dothraki horde, which actually seem ripe for defeat due to their lack of armor, and their stupid, short, curved sword, the Arakh. You'd think an all-cavalry force would have considered using spears and better swords, as some point. Granted, the force that wins will be the force that GRRM wants to win, despite obvious weapon and armor differences. Maybe they have spears and I've just never noticed?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Trying to recall, is there anything that 100% proves Varys isn't playing the role of a double-agent? It seems highly unlikely, but the rate at which Tyrion is racking up major military catastrophes stunning. It's as if someone is telling team Cersei what Dany's every next move is. Tyrion needs to stick to politics.

From the looks of it, we are going to start seeing this debate next episode. I think Dany will start making executive decisions and leave him on the sidelines.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

From the looks of it, we are going to start seeing this debate next episode. I think Dany will start making executive decisions and leave him on the sidelines.

You left out that they captured yara and probably got information from them all about what movements were doing what. And since the westeros mass transit system it seems to appear theres a leaker but there isnt.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I think the twist might come with the Iron Bank.

Cersei had told them they would have their payment, and she intended to give it to them, at least in part, by using money taken from the Tyrells. I'm wondering if that money somehow doesn't get to where its supposed to be going and is intercepted along the road. Dothraki maybe?

And I also wonder if Beric will somehow show up at Dragonstone, perhaps because of Thoros. I could see the two "fire wights" (Jon and Beric) bolstering Daenerys' ranks now that the typical Westerosi armies have been defeated.

from the previews it appears Dani and the dothraki will be attacking Jaime.

I also got the feeling that the boys in the north are going on a "wight hunt" to bring them back to the seven kingdoms. All of Jon's "how do i get them to believe me"

I am not sure why she needs the second sons. youre talking about 2k men at most.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Shame to see Tyene killed off.

She's not dead - yet Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

White Walkers, duh! Razz

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see which dragon will be killed by the giant Smaug-killing-like giant crossbow. You know it's coming.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:
I'm interested to see which dragon will be killed by the giant Smaug-killing-like giant crossbow. You know it's coming.

That's exactly what my wife said. I know it's a CGI character, but I actually dread that scene. Smile

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Dude, this show is freaking frustrating. I mean, can a good guy just get a leg up for jimminy sake. As Tyrian is describing the battle, you just know that something is going to go wrong and then bam! Freaking Euron shows up again and Greyworm is fucked. Just want a good guy to win.

Agree I'm not looking forward to one or more of the dragons getting killed, but I am looking forward to Bran telling Jon who his cousin is. At least I think he and Dani would be cousins if I have my Targaryen genealogy right.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
I am looking forward to Bran telling Jon who his cousin is. At least I think he and Dani would be cousins if I have my Targaryen genealogy right.

Dany and Jon are aunt and nephew. She is his father's sister.

Jon is cousin to Bran/Arya/Sansa. His mother was their aunt (sister to their father).

Interestingly, in looking at the Targaryen family tree, I realized that Robert Baratheon and Daenerys are second cousins. Robert's grandmother was Rhaelle Targaryen, who is Dany's great-aunt (the youngest sister to Dany's grandfather, Jaehaerys II).

That would make Dany and Gendry distantly related too. (Second cousins, once removed.)

And would also mean that Gendry and Jon are distantly related. (Third cousins.)

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post