SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My guess is they lost maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the fleet - I find it hard to believe that Yara brought more than a couple hundred ships (Eron's 'best' ships) and they needed at least 1000 (or so that was the number I recall them throwing around in Merrine) to get the Unsullied and Dothraki, and their horses to Westeros.

Obviously a huge blow to her plan, however it plays into the Queen of Thorns line of thinking, "Be a Dragon".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
So now we don't know if Theon is a forever-broken man who pussed out when his moment of truth arrived,
The scene of him jumping overboard just confirmed he's broken. The post-show commentary had the Double-D's saying, as they were writing the part, they realized there's no way Theon could act otherwise given what he's gone through.

As for the fleet or, what remains...Euron is on his way to Kings Landing with his 'gift'. Whatever remains of Dany's fleet, not only needs to transport the Unsullied around the Southern end of Westeros to get to Casterly Rock but, also avoid Euron's fleet which, given their size, is anchored or, patrolling all around the entrance to the Blackwater. Dragonstone sits just beyond the entrance to Kings Landing. Are we to assume that Euron's fleet or, the forward elements haven't caught-on that Dany has a fleet sitting around Dragonstone? Loading up troops for a voyage...possibly passing each other?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
See, ya'll just don't get it... Theon's actually secretly a waterdancer.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ha, the actor who plays Hot Pie (Ben Hawkey) has opened a real bakery in London named:

"You know nothing John Dough"

quote:
The bakery is based in London and operates via delivery service Deliveroo, where you can order the loaves for just $1.30 each. They’re made from whole wheat cornbread with orange zest and, per Deliveroo’s instructions, are best served slightly warm with soft butter.

“Hot Pie’s Direwolf loaves are a favorite for Game of Thrones fans, and people are always asking me for the secret of my recipe,” Hawkey said. “I can’t share that, but Deliveroo customers will have the chance to try them themselves. You don’t even need to take a dangerous walk down the King’s Road to visit, it comes to you.”

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Was it just "pure dumb luck" that Euron happened upon Yara and Theron's fleet, or did someone in Dani's circle/council provide intelligence as to what was the plan of ship movements? Just "too coincidental" that something like that happened. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Was it just "pure dumb luck" that Euron happened upon Yara and Theron's fleet, or did someone in Dani's circle/council provide intelligence as to what was the plan of ship movements? Just "too coincidental" that something like that happened. Roll Eyes

Dragonstone is just northeast of Kings landing, its likely he saw their fleet and was just better prepared than they were. They were headed south past kings landing to get to Dorn.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ That will likely be something that GRRM will elaborate on in the books which the show writers don't have to worry about.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Theon will appear again. It would be a nice ending to his character if he kills Euron. With the next two compressed seasons, the show doesn't have enough room to keep introducing side stories, though.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think so. Looks like him at 00:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUTjJQQ-zQ

No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I wonder if Theon will appear again. It would be a nice ending to his character if he kills Euron. With the next two compressed seasons, the show doesn't have enough room to keep introducing side stories, though.

I think Gendry is going to row by and pull him out of the sea then rejoin the world after that

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
quote:
Originally posted by terra:

I think Gendry is going to row by and pull him out of the sea then rejoin the world after that

Ha! That's the same thing I said to my wife, Gendry is still out there rowing, maybe he will pick him up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Leaked photo from episode 4 of Gendry!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UiUc6Pu8_os/maxresdefault.jpg

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I think Euron has been fatally poisoned. Look closely at the fight scene and you'll see a Sand gal prick him with her sword. They normally have them coated with poison so.... Now it may take some time to take its toll because of Euron having ingested so many potions over the years that he has developed some resistance to poisons but not enough to avoid his fate.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Leaked photo from episode 4 of Gendry!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UiUc6Pu8_os/maxresdefault.jpg

Big Grin

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
After Olenna Tyrell drank the poison, she should have keeled over like the Sicilian Vizzini in "The Princess Bride."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Good episode. Saw gendry in The preview for next episode. Should be a race to the end.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They are running out of episodes to still be having "set up" episodes, it's the end game now.

Deanarys is getting her ass kicked, wonder if Jorah will come and help her with strategy. Jamie knows Tyrion is innocent now, that could be interesting. Will John and Dany figure out they are related?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Notice when jon said hes not a Stark Drogon bombed em. Lol.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Good episode. A number of big really moments we've been waiting years to see:

Jon and Dany meeting - I'm glad the got to see more of their real personalities, after Dany came off Dragonstone throne and kind of dropped her attitude.

Jon and Tyrion reunited after 7 seasons.

Bran's return to Winterfell - he seems disturbingly detached from the present.

Cersie's revenge upon Olenna Tyrell and the remainder of the Dornish hotties.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure Olenna is done with Cersie. I'd like to think she has left some trap, and she is smart and mean enough.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post