SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cocaine Godmother: The Griselda Blanco Story. Premiered Lifetime TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cocaine Godmother: The Griselda Blanco Story. Premiered Lifetime TV Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Anyone watch?
This was one tough Chiquita. Although in real life she was obsessed with sex and insanely addicted to her product.
Catherine Zetta-Jones was excellent as the Black Widow, Griselda could only dream that she was that hot.
Griselda's husbands only slept with her when she wanted to be impregnated, otherwise she slept with her lover, regularly.
Playing gain tonight 1/21 8 pm.
Lifetime replay their crap rather frequently, check listings near you...
Uzis and Mac-10's were the preferred firearms in this days bu the Narcos.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the series on A & E I think. The black guy who she connected with was pretty creepy himself. A female Chapo Guzman.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Recorded it yesterday, watched it today. PLEASE somebody give me back the 2 1/2 hours of my time I wasted. No more Lifetime movies for me.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Recorded it yesterday, watched it today. PLEASE somebody give me back the 2 1/2 hours of my time I wasted. No more Lifetime movies for me.

LOL Lifetime movies are the worst! Always.
But this story was based around Griselda facts of her life. They could stretch here and there, but the premise had to be close.
All the Narcos of the 70'/80's Rose/Fell in luxury and violence. All were peasants before the Coke craze.
Catherine Z J was a lot hotter than the real life G. Blanco, though they did "beauty her Down" for the part.
I recall ALL the Columbian Narcos were using Jackson Heights Queens as their NYC base. The ran the Discos of the rich and famous as the high quality suppliers. They were deadly violent.

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Watch Cocaine Cowboys instead and the sequel. She is covered well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's see:

8 Careers For Women Lifetime Movies Can’t Get Enough Of

Dang, da wimmins look great on Lifetime, don't they? Successful, independent. Hell you even got yer dirty teacher.

Let's compare!

7 Careers For Men That Lifetime Movies Can’t Get Enough Of

Oooh

Evil Preachers

Absent Fathers

Santa Claus? Oh, right, a sugar daddy

Generic Businessman. I can't help but notice that in the accompanying photo, Generic Businessman has a pistol to a woman's head.

Gee, this looks a bit skewed doesn't it? Or is it just me?

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

This. It is a great documentary, IMO.

She was an evil woman.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
How do I explain... I hate the stupidity of 99.5% of these shows they are beyond predictable (Every woman that gets a hold of the villain's gun, never actually pulls the trigger!) Instead he snatches it away from her until another abused victim sneaks up and bops him on the head. My wife bitches every time I tell her what's going to happen next and ruin it for her. (She knows damn well how every one of them are going to end.
He he he he....

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes much better portrayal and interviews with people who knew her well.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post