SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Amazon show "Sneaky Pete"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Amazon show "Sneaky Pete" Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
I saw a commercial for it last nite. Brian Cranston, Giovanni Ribisi and Margo Martindale (you'll recognize her). It looked like it could be something. Has anyone seen it yet? I had to drop prime about a year ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I saw the preview too. Looks decent. The cast alone gets it added to my cue. Probably won't get to it for a while though.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Sat next to the lead actor (Giovanni Ribisi) on a loooonngg LA to Miami flight and he was pretty much a dick. (to me and the flight attendants) Maybe he was just having a dick day.
Maybe the series will be good regardless.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
Sat next to the lead actor (Giovanni Ribisi) on a loooonngg LA to Miami flight and he was pretty much a dick.

I have a feeling that he truly is more of an asshole in real life. Just another self important jackwad with mediocre acting abilities though I bet he didn't have to try too hard in Ted Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Watched the first four episodes so far. Nicely put together series. Lots of twists and good dialog. Graham Yost (Justified) is one of the executive producers. If you watched Justified you'll recognize several of the actors in this series.

Michael

Posts: 1101 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it this weekend and liked it....we will see if it gets a second season or not

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
Sat next to the lead actor (Giovanni Ribisi) on a loooonngg LA to Miami flight and he was pretty much a dick. (to me and the flight attendants) Maybe he was just having a dick day.
Maybe the series will be good regardless.

Have you not ever had a bad day? I've met music people where I'd run into someone else going off on them Thur next month or year. If people know who you are well people's expectations are on another level.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. Currently rates a solid "OK", waiting to see how it develops.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's average at best for me. It's completely unbelievable, but I take it for what it's worth and use it as a no brainer entertainment.

Btw, there is no way they wouldn't recognize that he is not their relative. I could tell someoone I went to school with in the 5th grade and haven't seen for 20 years.

Part time bowman, part time driver, part time Blogger

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Giovanni Ribisi

he is a Scientologist.
that is why he is a dick

Posts: 245 | Registered: April 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Finished it last night. I liked it.

Yes, there are plot holes. But there were lots of twists and turns.

I'm looking forward to season 2.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Watched the first four episodes so far. Nicely put together series. Lots of twists and good dialog. Graham Yost (Justified) is one of the executive producers. If you watched Justified you'll recognize several of the actors in this series.

Michael

I agree, I am up to episode six now and totally enjoying it.

As a far as crossover goes, I see Graham Yost directing/writing/producing some of the episodes, and commanality of cast. So far, I can see:

Audrey (SP) = Mags Bennet (Justified)
Lance (SP) = Tim Gutterson (Justifid)
Brendon (SP) = Coover (Justified)

What others am I missing?

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
3rd season excellent so far.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dunno, I watched the first 10 minutes of S-1 E-1 and decided it wasn't for me.

Just not my type of show I guess

Did it get better?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Btw, there is no way they wouldn't recognize that he is not their relative. I could tell someoone I went to school with in the 5th grade and haven't seen for 20 years.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is because you have above average visual recognition skills. Some people cannot remember faces. In fact there is a condition where people cannot tell one person from the next. Here:

Prosopagnosia, also called face blindness is a cognitive disorder of face perception in which the ability to recognize familiar faces.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post