SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The NCIS franchise
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NCIS franchise Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Of the three, NCIS LA is my favorite, NCIS I'll watch if I have nothing better to do, and, as for NCIS NO, I can't believe it is still on the air.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I caught an episode a few weeks back after not watching any for at least 3 years.

I found I don't miss it at all.

I really enjoyed the early episodes as they nailed the "everyone is guilty" mindset of NCIS (from my limited interaction wit actual NCIS agents). The stories were embellished, but they actually seemed to put a little effort into getting certain aspects correct.

The newer episodes? It's all so over-the-top and glaringly fake that it's not even remotely enjoyable for me.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Tomorrow they are supposedly bringing back Ziva.

Worst teaser I've ever seen.

She's never coming back. Roll Eyes

They are just out of ideas so they cooked up this lame BS.

Someone mentioned that their wife "pretends to watch"...that's me with my wife who LOVES this show.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Tomorrow they are supposedly bringing back Ziva.

Worst teaser I've ever seen.

They are just out of ideas so they cooked up this lame BS.

It's an interesting tact having these tangenital references to Ziva still being alive. It could make for some interesting episodes....not that they will help much.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
We DVR the NCIS and fast forward through the commercials. Usually watch it during dinner. Sometimes watch NCIS LA seldom watch the New Orleans version. I like Lucas Black though.

They seem to be trying to bring a dead woman back to life with the Ziva angle.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't say never. They brought Bobby Ewing back. Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
… “Grab your gear” is getting long in the tooth. ...

So is Gibbs. Don't get me wrong here, I like the guy, it's just that at 67, I think Mark Harmon is getting too old to convincingly play a federal LEO. I'm sure a real one would have been mandatorily retired well before that.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are just out of ideas so they cooked up this lame BS...

You're right.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The pieces fit, though. Cote de Pablo's career has done little since she left; she's no longer with the boyfriend/agent who convinced her holding out for more money was a good idea; the producers finally figured out that none of the new characters they've brought in are particularly engaging or interesting.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ve hit the nail on the head. The original is pretty good with LA in a distant second. The wife and I refuse to watch New Orleans.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Like 12 years ago..
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
… “Grab your gear” is getting long in the tooth. ...

So is Gibbs. Don't get me wrong here, I like the guy, it's just that at 67, I think Mark Harmon is getting too old to convincingly play a federal LEO. I'm sure a real one would have been mandatorily retired well before that.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Mom is a true-blue fan of NCIS (original). My Dad, of blessed memory, got to the point where he could not stand the formulaic show. I watched it in dribs and drabs with my wife, but not of the spin-offs.

As badass Mark Harmon is, he just looks too (damn) old to be a field agent anymore, and probably even a top-level supervisor.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not read all the replies BUT I agree with a lot. The original is still OK but getting kinda old. Abbey had to go. Never liked Ziva but it didn't help that I loved Kate and she replaced her. Jennifer Esposito has always had health problems. One of the reasons she left Blue Bloods. Bishop is Ok but the new lab tech can leave. Ducky was getting boring.

I will disagree about NCIS LA I like that show the best even though Heddy is a waste. Much more action and IMO fun. Although I hate the guns in the SOB since they would never really stay there. Getting older but Kenzi is still hot. NCIS NO is a waste of 60 minutes.

To think that 3 shows, one running for so many years came from a 2 part episode of JAG.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They've run out of Ideas. Why would NCIS be in combat? The turnover in Characters didn't improve the show, it helped it's demise IMHO.
Get you gear we gotta dead Marine....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch the NCIS:LA because I use to live in Marina Del Rey & they show a lot of scenery that I use to hang around. I truly miss living there. My ex also met L.L. Cool J in person & he was a totally cool, down to earth guy. I have never seen the others.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Did anyone who has a tech/networking background notice the huge mistake in that last episode with the IP address?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I noted the WiFi router IP. I figured they wanted viewers to not try to ping a real IP so they used one that wouldn't be attacked by thousands of viewers.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I noted the WiFi router IP. I figured they wanted viewers to not try to ping a real IP so they used one that wouldn't be attacked by thousands of viewers.

They've done the same thing in other episodes. It's plausible in this instance since it was the IP of her workstation in the classroom network.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERT SEASON FINALE

Ziva is back.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
SPOILER ALERT SEASON FINALE

Ziva is back.

You knew that was inevitable when Bishop found that note asking her to keep their secret. It remains to be seen how long CBS will keep her alive.

Benjamin Franklin