SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The NCIS franchise
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NCIS franchise Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Another show that has outlived its time. With idiotic spinoffs that are worse than the original.

I can recall several years back taking a few calls for the County SO as their Deputies were all tied up with something else; fires, shooting, something. One of the calls was damage to a vehicle. Someone had thrown a brick through their vehicles side window. The victim gives me the brick in a 1 gallon zip-lok. So I can; "Send it in for DNA processing".

I guess thats possible on NCIS but not here in MT.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch Greg Gutfeld's show on Fox News, and one of his guests last Saturday joked that the most boring thing on TV will be NCIS's 17th season.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I bailed 2 seasons ago but still kinda sorta keep up.

So I thought we were done with Gibb's past after Abby figured out he murdered his family's killer and Vance agreed to keep the secret.

Now it sounds like he told his whole team what he did? WTF?

Know why the original Law and Order was so successful for so many years? Because they had a case of the week and they solved it. Rinse and repeat.

You start doing all these dumb side stories, etc and I'm out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
It jumped the Shark some time ago. I can't watch it any more. I keep waiting for Fez to tell Gibbs to kiss his brown ass.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I watched episode 1 from season 1. Not bad. Fairly entertaining. I’ll have watch some more of the episodes as I have time.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skip ahead to Season 2, Episode 7, Call of Silence. I tried to find it on You Tube for you, but only found it for sale.

I think it may be the best episode in the entire series.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I miss JAG.

‘Nuff said...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Skip ahead to Season 2, Episode 7, Call of Silence. I tried to find it on You Tube for you, but only found it for sale.

That the one with Charles Durning? If so, then “hard agree” it may be one of the best of the series.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
It is.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
I used to be a 'never miss an episode' fan of NCIS, but they lost me a couple years ago and I haven't seen it since. There are only so many times you can hear 'dead Marine, grab your gear'.

The Charles Durning episode is my all time favorite for the series. I think Durning got robbed of a guest star Emmy for that episode.

If you get a chance, look up Durning's real life exploits. D-Day, Silver Star, Purple Hearts, survivor of the Malmedy massacre at the Battle of the Bulge... a real American hero.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
You knew that was inevitable when Bishop found that note asking her to keep their secret. It remains to be seen how long CBS will keep her alive.

Well, if she helps ratings and doesn't go demanding a lot of money (again), they might keep her around a while.

As for jumping the shark, there have been a succession of sharks jumped. This was my favorite.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
You knew that was inevitable when Bishop found that note asking her to keep their secret. It remains to be seen how long CBS will keep her alive.

Well, if she helps ratings and doesn't go demanding a lot of money (again), they might keep her around a while.

As for jumping the shark, there have been a succession of sharks jumped. This was my favorite.

What? You mean Gibbs shooting him long distance through the tiny dirty window and then being at the door within 10 seconds isn't realistic?

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The season finale, cliffhanger of NCIS:LA brought in Harm from Jag who looks good after not looking so good after some guest shots in other shows and "Mac" who looked damn good and I got the feeling they were paving the way for her to join NCIS:LA. Not a bad thing.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

That the one with Charles Durning? If so, then “hard agree” it may be one of the best of the series.

I didn't take your advice. I've been watching the series in order and I finally got to Season 2, Episode 7. You guys were right. Very powerful and exceptionally well done.

My biggest observation thus far, is just how much of a dick Gibbs is towards his team.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the early seasons were so good, I bought the DVDs. I re-watch Call of Silence every Memorial Day and Veterans' Day, then usually one or two more times during any given year.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

I agree, one of the best.... I only watch the original in reruns... as for LA and NO.... they are a joke.... LA .... what were all those pretty people doing playing cops? As for N.O.: terrible dialogue and worse fake southern accents.

but as for the original... one of the best scenes ever, at least the best joke on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDl0Hf8n3g8

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
but as for the original... one of the best scenes ever, at least the best joke on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDl0Hf8n3g8

That was a good one.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both still watch this show, although I admit that it is getting harder and harder to do so with the storyline. I agree that bringing up Gibb's past again needs to be going somewhere and fast, as I thought this issue was laid to rest. Now, Ziva may be back, Holy Plot Twist Batman!

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They seriously need to stop beating a dead horse and end this series already.

I watch with the wife who is a huge 18 year fan but even she’s like “WTF is going on with this show?”

It clearly jumped the shark about 8 years ago and now they’re just trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can, just like The Office which really should have ended with Michael Scott’s departure.

It looks like they’re trying to write Gibbs out of the show but he IS the damn show! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
They finally got rid of the turkey NCIS NO and now they are going to stuff NCIS Hawaii down our throats.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post