SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The NCIS franchise
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NCIS franchise Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Yeah, I still like the original. Somewhat phony? Sure, but still entertaining with decent story lines, and IMO they've done a good job shuffling characters. I never liked Kate, and couldn't stand Ziva and her failures to grasp even simplest of American sayings despite the fact that English is spoken freely all over Israel and she lived here for how long? Bishop was a great replacement for her. Young, good looking, smart, and fits right in. Tony? Needed to go. Abby? Needed to go about 10 years ago. The addition of Maria Bello and Valderrama were good. They fit into the model well. Not sure what happened to Jennifer Esposito. I thought she was a good addition too. If they'd get rid of Fornell it would be quite good.

NCIS LA went off the rails about halfway through season 1. Probably the most unrealistic program on TV. Are we really supposed to believe that 4' nothing old lady midget is some super-spook who fought to the death in the jungles of Vietnam and the dark streets of Moscow? Really. The program is a joke and why it is still on the air is a mystery.

The worst offender is NCIS New Orleans. I can think of not one thing that is of any quality in this show yet it remains on the air. The plots are laughable and the acting is so amateurish that a high school drama club could do a better job. Sam Beckett should have retired after Quantum Leap. The Alabama boy couldn't be a federal agent if his life depended on it. And the rest of the cast? Well...all I can say is it is painful to try to watch them try to act. Good Lord this show is awful. How is it still on the air?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's a very good summary.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I agree as well. Well, except for the part about Ziva. I always liked her. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I used to get stuck on the couch with the marathons of the original series.
Always enjoyed the show.

When I stopped watching Ziva was still on the show.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Never watched any as they appeared on cable. We have been watching the original here and there on Netflix. I think we are halfway through the seasons. We enjoy it, but try not to binge watch it. I know everyone leaves - I hate change.

We have not tried any of the others.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Once Tony left I stopped watching.

To me Tony and Gibbs made the show.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm one that preferred Kate, Ziva was OK, stopped watching towards the end of Ziva's time on the show.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have never seen an entire episode,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This passed year we haven't watched much since Ducky hasn't been on much.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We only watched the original with Mark Harmon. Sometime last year (or was it the year before?) we just quit watching. Enjoyed it for a long time though.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are we really supposed to believe that 4' nothing old lady midget is some super-spook who fought to the death in the jungles of Vietnam and the dark streets of Moscow? Really.

You're right. At that time of the Vietnam incursion, she was the Shadout Mapes on Dune.

She
"Has lived with her romantic partner, psychotherapist Karen Klein, since 1987. Hunt's official biography on the CBS website for NCIS: Los Angeles (2009) refers to Klein as Hunt's spouse."

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm00...io?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think all versions of this show are dumb as hell and it's the same story over and over and over again.

My wife loves the original, but I'm "meh" about all of them.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I have never seen an entire episode,
I can't make it through one either. Zzz.

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch NCIS New Orleans only guess where there are

They have filmed portions of at least 12 episodes within a mile of my house. 3 within 500yds. Pisses me off because it closed my bar down for the day

It’s the ONLY tv drama I watch or ever have

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the original NCIS with Kate. The banter between Kate and Tony was great thought the whole shows cast was great. Kate left and Ziva arrived and Ziva and Tony's banter was even better thought the show got better. After 6 years or so the show seemed to loose steam. I still watched but just not as good. When Ziva left I think the show tanked. Every actor they brought in to replace a character from the original line up were all terrible. I couldn't even watch the show at all any more.
I agree that the L.A. and New Orleans spin offs are totally not watchable and those actors weren't very good or believable.
I think why the original was so good is they seemed to have good chemistry with each other.
Enjoyed the episode where Mark Harmon ex UCLA quarterback thru a football to a little boy fairly long pass. He can still throw a tight spiral.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
they need to flush the whole franchise

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I always liked Kate and even more now in reruns... I tried to watch the LA program once... are we really supposed to believe those pretty boys and girls are cops?

New Orleans is just silly... and I mean that 'brotha'... who came up with that language and accent?

Here's the funnest scene ever on NCIS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDl0Hf8n3g8

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the original story lines during Kate and Ziva, but then it seemed (like many cop shows do) to shift more to the "international conspiracy" model and it got a tad ridiculous (and a bit preachy) IMO.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
New Orleans is just silly... and I mean that 'brotha'... who came up with that language and accent?

Which accent are you talking about?

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always liked the "original" but the spinoffs > meh.
I will continue to watch until it fades into the sunset which should be sooner than later.
Time for it to move on but in the mean time I'll watch.

Posts: 22859 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post