SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Late 60's sci fi tv show , that I never knew existed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late 60's sci fi tv show , that I never knew existed Login/Join 
posted
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLGrXOtuwQ

I wonder where I was when this aired ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I remember watching reruns of this show when I was a kid in the late ‘70s & early ‘80s.
It fell somewhat in line with a Marvel comic I collected at the time...ROM:Space Knight.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I grew up watching it. It was very good for the time And it shaped what i expected from a subtle alien invasion in my mind for the rest of my life.

David Vincent was my hero. Early invaders could not bend their pinkies.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I recall watching it back when it was aired.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the show well. Nobody would believe the guy that these guys with the altered pinky were aliens. That sort of theme was popular then. Robert Kimble MD, in The Fugitive, falsely accused of murder looking for the one armed man who killed his wife. Of course with the Cold War at the time everybody was a little paranoid.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A few friends and I started a 4pc band in Junior High, we named it "The Invaders" and had business cards printed courtesy of 2 of the guys in the bands Dad, was a Commercial Artist. We made a lot of loud racket (err music) and hours of fun. That was a great show and watched every episode. I loved their saucers, and Vincent played the part very well. It fueled my interests in ufology.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the show was banned in Iowa at the time. There was fear it would upset the farmers. Instead the program Barn Dance was featured on Iowa television. It had Geritol commercials and adds for hybrid corn seeds. Hope this helps.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I first saw it when the local station showed reruns of it in the afternoons circa the mid-1970s. Currently it is on Saturday nights around midnight on MeTV (what they call "Super Sci-Fi Saturday Night.") Then and now, I can take or leave it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27926 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I watched and enjoyed as a kid...my parents did not see the draw, but allowed me to watch the series Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I was born in 1961 and I remember watching this show when it originally aired in the mid 60's. I could not tell you anything about the episodes, other than I watched it.

Enjoying watching it now on MeTV on the weekends.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Invaders scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I still remember the pinky-not-bending thing.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
heard of it, but never watched it,

I don't recall it being on reruns in this area,

mostly watched Space 1999
Lost in Space and Star Trek, on reruns

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The Invaders went out in a blaze of glory.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Great show. Hearing or reading about someone suffering from a Cerebral hemorrhage always brought back memories of the show along with suspicions.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Popular in the 60's, guest stars each week.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Being a big fan of Extraterrestrials in general, your thread inspired me bendable, to snap up a couple of alien T-shirts, you know...in case they return someday Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard Iowa had a lot of aliens working in the poultry industry.

Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Couldn't wait for Tuesday night. Great show

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
As mentioned by a couple of you, I caught it in afternoon reruns in the ‘80s. I got a kick out of it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post