Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knives Out Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Meh. Worth watching but not not a big fan.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It was worth a stream. Although the whole time I kept repeating the director's name through clenched teeth.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
It was worth a stream. Although the whole time I kept repeating the director's name through clenched teeth.

Yeah Rian Johnson is a Delta Bravo of the highest regard and really jacked up Star Wars, but putting all that aside I thought Knives Out was an entertaining flick. Not AMAZING or GREAT CINEMA or anything but, at least for me very enjoyable.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I enjoyed it.

That faux-southern accent Daniel Craig was sporting was definitely a bit offputting at first, though.

It sounded really strange at first, coming from him. It seemed to morph a little as the movie progressed, like it took him two thirds of the movie to figure out how to do it. But overall I liked it.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
All I get to see is video unavailable.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I enjoyed it.

That faux-southern accent Daniel Craig was sporting was definitely a bit offputting at first, though.

It sounded really strange at first, coming from him. It seemed to morph a little as the movie progressed, like it took him two thirds of the movie to figure out how to do it. But overall I liked it.

Yeah. Either he got better or my brain adjusted, but I stopped noticing much after about the mid point.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Heard good things about the movie but was kinda bored by it. A good whodunit needs to have clues and red herrings and make you guess.

I just thought this film was too expository. It just told the story but didn't really give a lot of room for the viewer to watch and see clues and make guesses.

The accent was part Foghorn Leghorn part Shelby Foote. I think they even mentioned Foghorn Leghorn in the movie. At first I hated it but then I just fogured he was purposely just going over the top for comedy sake so that's fine.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My son watched part of it with me. I didn’t hear a lot of language til the end, so since he likes mysteries, wth. I, too, thought it was a bit of a spoof, but I liked it. Just light entertainment. I had trouble getting past Craig’s accent, though.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We rented it a month or so ago and I must have slept through it. We streamed it last night from Amazon Prime and thought it was mildly enjoyable and better then most of the crap that comes out of hollywood.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was alright. The best mystery thriller I've ever seen is a Spanish film that came out in 2017 called 'The Invisible Guest' If you can endure subtitles, it's a masterpiece.

The Invisible Guest - Trailer

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Looking forward to her being a Bond girl when it comes out (out already?).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I liked it. Looking forward to her being a Bond girl when it comes out (out already?).

Yeah she's cute. Bond movie comes out November 20.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post