Tools

Knives Out Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
This looks quite promising. Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDlY2XHe6To

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKzKEal5T0

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I will never watch anything from the guy who killed Star Wars.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Especially the man that blamed us sexist incels for not recognizing his "brilliance" while making a terrible movie.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a new take of a classic British murder mystery (which I love). I’ll give it a shot. Pun intended.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
all star cast version of Clue?

I'll likely go see it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So how was it?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I LOVED it. I (and the wife) are suckers for these types of murder mysteries. Loved the Poirot BBC stuff, Father Brown, Murder in Paradise, etc. I really enjoyed it because all the clues were there to see if you paid attention, no Sherlock Holmes (although I love that too if done well) "I knew it was the butler because the rope was tied in a knot that only a left handed seahand from the East India Company would do and I recognized the butler's tattoo and tobacco ash to be clearly from the Orient and a sailor in the merchant marine" deus ex machina solving.

Just so you know, POLITICS ALERT, there were pointed humor jabs at immigration issues.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. Me and wife watched it and we both thought it sucked hard. All star cast, retarded script, stupid plot. Complete waste of time. Ruin Johnson was a one hit wonder.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Spent $2.00 at Redbox and feel like I got ripped off.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Interesting given the accolades I’ve read since release. My 4k rental of it on disc is in the mail and now I’m deflated. I like Daniel Craig but sounds like it’s a bust. I expected more out of Rian. Looper, when it was released, well I thought it was innovative and better than your typical sci-fi. One hit wonder indeed then.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night, $6 on google play. It felt like they tried too hard to be different/quirky. I'll give it a meh

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. It was a bit formulaic, but better then some of the other garbage Hollywood has recycled lately.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Skip it.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I watched it, and really enjoyed it. It was a different take on the whole murder/mystery thing.

At first I hated Daniel Craig's southern accent, but after 5 minutes, I got over it and really enjoyed his character. I don't usually watch murder/mystery films, but I thought this one was excellent.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I watched it, and really enjoyed it. It was a different take on the whole murder/mystery thing.

At first I hated Daniel Craig's southern accent, but after 5 minutes, I got over it and really enjoyed his character. I don't usually watch murder/mystery films, but I thought this one was excellent.

he sounded like he was trying to channel Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) but his English accent slipped thru a couple times,

wife enjoyed it ,

I thought it was pretty good , a bit dry in a few places, but good twists and humor

Toni Collette looked like Brian Eno during he Roxy Music days

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it this morning. I found it to be mildly amusing and entertaining. Perhaps even somewhat of a spoof on the genre. Smile Overall certainly better than 95% of the crap coming out of Hollyweird.

My only nit was the damned knife display kept reminding me of Game of Thrones! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it.

That faux-southern accent Daniel Craig was sporting was definitely a bit offputting at first, though.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It almost had a “Clue” vibe to it. I dig quirky characters type stuff such as this.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it. It was on Prime, so why not.
Just OK.
Craig based his accent on listening to historian Shelby Foote.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post