SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cut Bank
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut Bank Login/Join 
posted
On Netflix, murder who-dunnit in a rural Montana town. John Malkovich, Bruce Dern, Billy Bob Thornton. Not a block buster but worth the watch IMO.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. Very well done.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
. . . Derby Milton? Yes, definitely worth a look. One of my more positive Netfilx experiences lately.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this as well.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good movie.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Have to check this out. Thank!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t want to give anything away, just to post a good who done it. Enjoy.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough - none of this was filmed in Montana. Shot in Canada. Caught my attention as I've been through Cut Bank, MT many times.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Cut Bank is about the coldest, windiest place on the planet. We’ve been through it too many times.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Based on this thread, watched it last night.

Quirky, but then it was John Malkovich...

Thought the ending was a bit unlikely but otherwise well done.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I watched it the other night and was disappointed. I'm getting a little sick of the on-going Hollywood narrative that everyone who lives in "flyover country" are stupid hicks (Oakies, Hillbillies, etc...), unless they "get smart" and leave for Los Angeles. The Malkovich character largely stumbles upon his clues and (of course) he pretty much does everything on his own, which isn't much. Oliver Pratt's character does nothing to add to the production, other than show how pompous those who work in Washington DC should be viewed, in contrast to the enlightened folks in Hollywood we should all worship, I suppose. In total, I think this film was typical Hollywood tripe and boring.

Spoiler Alert!!!
Even though the two young people eventually make their "escape", it's impossible to miss the fact that the girl's only hope is to use her "talents" as an entertainer and the guy's only option is to make it "bit" as a mechanic.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Cut Bank, MT is a dusty, WINDY ,inhospitable place. Winter time temps , especially with wind chill factored in, can be brutal.

Haven't watched the film yet, just heard about it from a friend a few days ago too.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Cut Bank....part of my territory for years. More than once, heading West to Browning from CB, storms would roll in bringing high winds, snow and more snow. I narrowly escaped a 42" dump in Browning (Blackfeet Reservation) several years back. As stated, coldest flippin place in MT record, like 70* below cold!

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post