New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insta Pot Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Have used our a bunch. Made a batch of jhe888’s chili that turned out great. We have a bolognese recipe that turns out fantastic. Have done fresh green beans, soups/stews, pot roast. Very handy for some of the dishes that would normally take longer.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
People are all like meh until they try one. It's not only more convenient, the food actually has more flavor and is noticeably healthier.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Old habits die hard. We're still using a 30+ year old Dazey Chef's Pot. It's a do-it-all crock pot, slow cooker, steamer, fryer. Big Grin We admit to having added an Aroma ARC-616SB rice cooker. Don't own a pressure cooker.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16205 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
This seems to me to be just another kitchen appliance/gadget (of which I already have too many).

What do these things do that I can't already do?

- Convenance
- Efficiency/Speed
- If you're living in a hot-climate, cooking over a stove or, running an oven to braise sucks.
- Complex dishes in a compact space such as living in a small appt/efficiency/boat/vehicle...these are pretty nice.
- Wider variety of dishes than a dutch over or, slow cooker can make...rice, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread

At the end of the day, it's an appliance. So, you need to weigh it against what you have, and does it replace 2-3 other appliances ergo, reducing the amount of THINGS in the cabinet/garage/storage locker.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
We JUST got one. Not used it yet. How about posting your pork chop dish? I love pork chops.

These were about 3/4" and we sauteed them in a tablespoon of olive oil to brown them. Them seasoned with salt pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and maple syrup. I was not crazy about the ginger and cinnamon, but they were fine. Next time, different seasonings. Cook 15" on high pressure and then dump the pressure rapidly and eat them up.

RMD

Reduce your cooking time and do a natural release. It'll come out better. Quick release sucks the moisture right out of meat.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
We've done a pork tenderloin that came out amazing, ribs, baked potatoes, whole chicken, spaghetti, every time it's impressive.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
After reading about them I bookmarked their site and had the link on my desktop for almost a year. I finally bought one at Christmas. I've used the thing several times a week, some times once or twice a day. I've made all sorts of things, but it's actually the simple things I seem to be enjoying the most. I keep buying big bags of baby carrots and packages of mushrooms, steaming them and eating just that as a meal. And loving them, laughing to myself wondering why. lol

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Use mine mainly for a white chili, cooking chicken breast from the freezer, and sometimes rice.

Recently tried a multi grain of rice, quinoa, and lentils. Came out ok, but I'd really like to make stuff like you can buy in the Healthy Choice entrees.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post