SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kids are loving the old classic family movies. Help me remember some more.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kids are loving the old classic family movies. Help me remember some more. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Man these old movies are so much better than the crap today. Here are what we have watched.

Mary Poppins
Pete’s Dragon
Song of the South
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknobs and Brooksticks
Swiss Family Robinson

Other suggestion the boys are 6, 4, and 2

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Alice in wonderland.

Peter pan.

Lady and the tramp.

Pinoccio.

Fantasia.

The wizard of Oz.

The yearling.

Old Yeller.

Flubber.

101 Dalmatians.

Dumbo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George43,

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
That Darn Cat

Treasure Island

Fantasia

The Never Ending Story

The Snowman

Any of the 'Wallace & Gromit' films

Any of the "Herbie' films

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Land Before Time series

Aristocats

Secret of NIMH

An American Tail (two movies)

Disney's Robin Hood

Winnie the Pooh

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herbie The Love Bug was always a favorite of mine.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Old Yeller (but have some tissues ready, dammit)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The App!e Dumpling Gang.

There are a number of Disney films with Don Knotts as I recall.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Maybe - The Man from Snowy River?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Some warnings:
Fantasia has some fairly scary sections (Night on Bare Mountain, e.g.)--you'll want to be there to reassure them.

Old Yeller has a very sad ending (the dog dies). Be aware of that.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but I would not recommend "A Dog of Flanders"--in the original version both the boy and dog die at the foot of the altar in the cathedral. I think the later version made a happier ending, however.

Just some things to consider.

I could recommend "The Parent Trap" with Hayley Mills playing twins--it is very funny, but maybe better for slightly older kids.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Incredible Mr Limpet

The Shaggy DA

Flubber

Son of Flubber

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Bambi

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around the World in 80 Days
Toby Tyler

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Muppet Movie
Charlotte's Web
Doctor Dolittle
Benji
A Boy Named Charlie Brown
The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Movie

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Darby OGill and the Little People

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
My youngsters liked the Ernest movies.

Also Charlie the lonesome cougar.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my kids were young they loved “The Princess Bride”.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Princess Bride, Goonies, and Sandlot are good options to keep in mind for when they're a few years older. (Late elementary/early middle school.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Newer, but possibly a classic to them: Holes

Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
The original "Gulliver's Travels"

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Princess Bride and The NeverEnding Story. Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post