SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kids are loving the old classic family movies. Help me remember some more.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kids are loving the old classic family movies. Help me remember some more. Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
National Velvet
Lassie Come Home
A Dog of Flanders
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
I hope you mean the version of "A Dog of Flanders" that was changed to have a happy ending. In the book, both Nello and Patrasche die on the steps of the Cathedral, just when the Art Institute is trying to find him to admit him (at last).

Did anyone mention "My Friend Flicka" (1943)? There are also some more recent remakes ("Flicka" and "Flicka 2") but I've not seen them.

I won't recommend "Snowfire" (another horse movie)--it has some of the worst acting I've ever witnessed!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 23339 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
While these are not movies, some old time tv series might be a fun break

Andy Griffith
Munsters
Little Rascals

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 14487 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disney's "The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit" may be more appealing to girls. Stay away from horse movies unless you're prepared for incessant begging for a pony.

Posts: 1 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I remember cracking up at Bugsy Malone.
Escape to Witch Mountain was a favorite.
The Muppet Movie.
Freaky Friday the 1976 version with Jodi Foster although the Lindsay Lohan version is good, too.

Posts: 41757 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The Black Stallion, with Mickey Rooney.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 3672 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Turner and Hootch
K9
Where the red fern grows

Posts: 5677 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post