SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Accountant vs John Wick
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Accountant vs John Wick Login/Join 
posted
So, if John Wick and The Accountant go up against each other, who wins?

If only one of them is hunting and the other is just carrying on his daily life, then I think the hunter wins pretty easily, although The Accountant (and his friend with the mad computer skills) might have a slim chance of detecting John in time to mount a defense.

Where it gets interesting is if they are aware of each others' intent.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
John would win quite easily. While Christian is fastidious in his preparations, John more easily adapts to situations.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
John would win quite easily. While Christian is fastidious in his preparations, John more easily adapts to situations.

I don't know, he did a pretty good job of making it up on the fly at the farm. Granted, those guys were rank amateurs compared to these two.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
John was easily taken by surprise, hence his dog getting killified.

Squared off, John is more skilled. Christian's hand to hand fight in the apartment bathroom wasn't inspiring.

However, Christian is smart, a planner, has an obsessive personality. With that sort of personality on a long enough timeline, my bet is on him.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Christian all day everyday. John is impulsive and puts himself in situations he would be better avoiding all together.

Christian is gonna "do the math" plan it out and wack JW from 1000 yards.

Straight up paintball style chance meeting, probably Wick.

Now how about Green Lanturn vs Superman??? Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Christian would be more strategic in his approach, so if given enough lead time I would probably give him the edge. However, I'd say John Wick is more technically skilled.

Another thing to consider...Wick was a professional hitman, with extensive experience. Wolff, on the other hand, was highly trained from a young age, but I didn't see anything to suggest he would've had experience comparable to Wick. To me, it's like the difference between a guy who spent 10 years taking combatives and firearms classes, i.e., Wolff, and a guy who spent 10 years in the military/Delta Force/SEAL/Recon/etc., i.e. Wick.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, so a podcast I listen to called The Weekly Planet does battle episodes once in a while and here are the rules they came up with to try and keep it straightforward:

1. Each person is placed at each endzone in a standard football stadium.

2. They see each other and immediately perceive them as a threat and proceed to try and deal with them in their normal way.

3. They are equipped with whatever they would normally have on their person.

Using those rules, I think Wick wins it easily.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Using those rules, I think Wick wins it easily.

"John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Christian would hire Wick to kill himself, and Wick would oblige.

Then Christian would adopt the puppy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The Accountant is Autistic. John Wick would be dead.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the consensus...if it is actually a "fight" my $ is on Wick. Otherwise, it will be the one who is "hunting." It would be nearly impossible to overcome a surprise attack by a very skilled person. They won't give you time to recover and orient.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrance Stamp's character from "the Limey"

Hands down

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It depends...
Up close in a night club. Wick.
At Christians house.... the minigun wins.
From a distance? Christian can see him coming from a long way off...the Barret wins.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Two things keep popping into my mind reading this.

1-the accountant really surprised me at how much I enjoyed it. Caught me totally off guard.

2-in regards to this thread all I keep hearing in my head is.......
"DA BEARS!!!!" Or "Is Ditka behind the Barret?"

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
I think Christian would be more strategic in his approach, so if given enough lead time I would probably give him the edge. However, I'd say John Wick is more technically skilled.

Another thing to consider...Wick was a professional hitman, with extensive experience. Wolff, on the other hand, was highly trained from a young age, but I didn't see anything to suggest he would've had experience comparable to Wick. To me, it's like the difference between a guy who spent 10 years taking combatives and firearms classes, i.e., Wolff, and a guy who spent 10 years in the military/Delta Force/SEAL/Recon/etc., i.e. Wick.

Except for the fact that Wolff DID spend 10+ years in the Army, being officially trained and tasked with doing who knows what under his father. His military records and true identity were sealed and unable to be accessed by those trying to dig up his past.

How was Wick trained and by whom? I haven't seen the second Wick yet but I don't think he is the one who had actual military experience. Smile

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This is like those Superman vs. Mighty Mouse questions.

Everyone knows Superman would win because he's a real person and Mighty Mouse is a cartoon Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Accountant has his own system and network which he owns and manages.

Wick relies on a magical/Spectre/mafioso international organization in which you can get anything from a blowjob and cheetoes to an all expense paid trip to Italy complete with weapons or anything in between by handing over a golden challenge coin.

If it came to each having a contract on the other the accountant wins.

Even without his magical generation II of Baldwin's Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man bullet proof normal fabric Wick has the advantage mano a mano.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
John Wick in short order.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Christian at long range with rifle.

John Wick at close range with pistols.

Tie between the two unarmed or with knives.

How about this; John Wick hires Christian to cover him for John Wick Chapter 3.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:

Except for the fact that Wolff DID spend 10+ years in the Army, being officially trained and tasked with doing who knows what under his father. His military records and true identity were sealed and unable to be accessed by those trying to dig up his past.

How was Wick trained and by whom? I haven't seen the second Wick yet but I don't think he is the one who had actual military experience. Smile

Very good points. Wolff did serve in the military, but what did he do? I actually tried to see if I could figure out where he was assigned based on the shoulder patch on his army uniform, but no luck. Also, IIRC, Wolff's uniform had lieutenant bars (I couldn't remember if it was 2nd or 1st LT), so 4 or 5 years, plus whatever commissioning program he completed, before going to Leavenworth. Given the time frames shown in the movie, I doubt he was prior enlisted. I may have to watch it again and see what ribbons he had on his uniform. Based on the classified nature of his military records and the fact that he was "borrowed" by the Treasury Department for data mining and similar analytical work, my guess is that he was in military intelligence, a branch not really known for getting "down-and-dirty," especially at the junior officer level.

When I said Wick had more experience, I meant as a successful hitman, not necessarily military experience, I was just using that as an analogy. I think it's obvious he's well-trained, whatever the source of that training, but also has the experience of using that training in a professional capacity.

And yes, I realize I'm probably overanalyzing, but hey, everybody needs a hobby. Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post