SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peaky Blinders Season 5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peaky Blinders Season 5 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Debuts on Netflix in ~2 weeks (10/4)

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRE5pZwNyrw

I just recently started watching this series, and am about to finish Season 4. I'm very impressed with it. Excellent plot, acting, and action. Interesting setting too (post-WW1 England).

I did have to laugh at a recent episode in which the main character Tommy gets into a gun battle with some rival Mafia gangsters. Set in 1926, it featured Tommy using a Steyr MP34, which wouldn't be introduced for another 8 years, while the Mafiosos were armed with M1928 Thompsons, which wouldn't be introduced for another 2 years. Big Grin

(I assume the MP34 was likely supposed to be a stand-in for a MP18, and the M1928 was likely a stand-in for a M1921.)

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Already on my watch list, just waiting for it to drop. The only disappointment to it is there are not more episodes per season. Maybe that will change this time around.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait! Big Grin
One of my favorites.
In Britain the proper name of the show is Peaky Fuckin Blinders.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh fantastic! I thought the show was done. Can't wait!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally!

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Season 5 will apparently feature the British Union of Fascists. (Basically the British Nazi Party.) The mustachioed gentleman doing the fascist salute in the trailer is supposed to be Oswald Mosely, the founder.

Since the BUF was founded in 1932, that means the show will have jumped ahead several more years, to the early/mid 1930s.

The show creators have stated that if it goes as planned, they envision the series finale ending with the start of The Blitz/Battle of Britain in 1940. Basically an interwar crime family saga, from the end of WW1 through the beginning of WW2.

So there's likely at least a couple more seasons to go.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Season 5 is now available!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
There’s a Seasons 1-4 recap by Netflix on YouTube. I needed it.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm not familiar with the British Fascist Party and it's place in history however, introducing the liberal's favorite hate ideology and little sister is now pregnant with a black MI-5 agent ...is Blinder's going down the road of social commentary and opinion shaping or, has the political zeitgeist of all the slanted movies & shows gotten into my head? Marxist Freddie Thorne got off'd earlier, is there a twist like it usually has...

Finished ep4...two more to go.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Was surprised to see season 6 being released in June. Looking forward to it. I know Helen McCrory(Polly) died a year ago, wonder how they play that?

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post