SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Forster, Oscar nominee for 'Jackie Brown,' dies at 78
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Forster, Oscar nominee for 'Jackie Brown,' dies at 78 Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
RIP Robert, just saw this on the news. He had some good roles.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Forster was in that movie. I had crush on Pam Grier.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is sad, I liked him as an actor. He seemed to act like himself in the movies he was in,very down to Earth.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Have watched him since I was a kid and the Black Hole came out. I liked him a lot.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Sad news, RIP.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I last saw him in Twin Peaks: The Return

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. According to IMDB, it was his second to last completed role.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
The earliest work I know of him was Jackie Brown, and was very impressed by his speaking style. He spoke with such calm, clarity, and authority, I thought I can understand anything if he was doing the explaining. When he showed up on Breaking Bad, it was a very pleasant surprise. He spoke his lines just as well as he did in Jackie Brown.

RIP sir, you did fine work.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
What a loss! I just watched him Friday on the NetFlix sequel (movie) to Breaking Bad: "El Camino-The Return of Jessie Pinkman". As usual, Mr. Forster gave an excellent performance. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
He was a regular on Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing".

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
He was a regular on Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing".

He played Tim Allen's dad.
I always enjoyed his work.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I found this short interview with Robert Forster:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2tpyV1tjwQM

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He played the bad guy battling Chuck Norris in Delta Force, but I didn't hold that against him.

I liked him as Tim Allen's dad in Last Man Standing, bringing some good laughs to the show.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. The first time ever saw him he played an Indian scout named Nick Tana along with Greg Peck and a crazed Apache Salvaje.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post