SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Danger Close - The Battle of Long Tan
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danger Close - The Battle of Long Tan Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
This movie is set to hit theaters(Australian theaters I'm sure, but hopefuly there will be an international release) on August 8th.

This video gives you an idea of the Australian side of the Vietnam War. He also talks about the battle of Long Tan a little bit as well.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks like it could be a great movie-

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks promising. I enjoyed Gallipoli directed by Peter Weir. Sometimes the Aussie diaglogue is hard to understand.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think they have a new trailer out. It looks like a good movie:

Australian link for info on Battle of Long Tan

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sometimes the Aussie diaglogue is hard to understand.

That's one major benefit of watching at home, on disc or streaming. If you run into something like a heavy Scottish/Irish/Aussie/etc. accent, simply flip on the subtitles.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see this one, hopefully it gets to the USA on disc.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I remember reading that the Aussies were feared both in Korea and Vietnam by the enemy and their tactical style was much different than the Americans. They liked to stay out for long periods and hunt and ambush the enemy, etc.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Somewhere on a far off battle field, an Ozzy can be heard to whisper:

"Oi, mate. Lend me your ear..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's one major benefit of watching at home, on disc or streaming. If you run into something like a heavy Scottish/Irish/Aussie/etc. accent, simply flip on the subtitles.

^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. Good idea.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
This does look good. Have to get out of the house for this one.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Looks fantastic

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Ragnar returns!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I remember reading that the Aussies were feared both in Korea and Vietnam by the enemy and their tactical style was much different than the Americans. They liked to stay out for long periods and hunt and ambush the enemy, etc.

My dad said similar things about Korean Marines in his AO in Vietnam. He said that areas the Koreans pacified, stayed pacified.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Remember that the Aussies were already highly experienced in fighting that type of jungle counterinsurgency war, having successfully done so (albeit on a smaller scale) in Malaya alongside the Brits from 1950-1960. So they already had the skills and expertise needed when they became involved in Vietnam just a few years later.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Its out on pay per view. Just watched it and thought it was great!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Same here. Not bad at all.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Watched this yesterday on Amazon (only $2.99). Thought it was excellently done.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the necrobump but this film is available now on Prime Video. Highly recommended. No politics, no BS, no anti-America, just a really solid war film.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for the release and realized that it was on redbox.

Just to get out, I ran up to the corner and snagged a copy.

Straight forward movie about combat and life as a grunt

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
It was a great watch.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post