SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Atomic Blonde: Why the bath with ice cubes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atomic Blonde: Why the bath with ice cubes? Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Cocksucker.

So, can someone explain bathing in ice cube-filled bath water?

We don't see its effects on her nipples.

So why?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the movie so going on the explanation of a movie reviewer... from what I understand she gets the ever-loving daylights kicked out of her on a frequent basis, and the ice cube bath is supposed to help with the swelling and bruising.

If there was actual Charlize nudity in the movie in that scene then I would suspect the director took advantage of some gratuitous nudity to sell the flick as well.

Is the movie worth seeing?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Yep, ice baths help with bruising,sore muscles, etc. I take them after some brutal martial arts workouts and belt test. I recently took a two day Krav Maga Active Shooter response class.....taking an ice bath is the only thing that allowed me to move the next day without great pain. If you watch the Crossfit Games, you see all the athletes competing taking ice baths after events.

Besides, if it was just director helping sell the movie by having Charlize naked.....I'm good with that. Big Grin

Yes, the movie is actually pretty decent, good action scenes and has some plot twists.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
On a side note: I thought it was pretty good...really liked the music selection.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I took ice baths all the time as a football and rugby player

The worst were full body contrast baths...

20 minutes in scalding hot water and immediately out and into an ice bath

Expand all the capillaries just in time to brutally contract them

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

It's a movie that hurts, physically. Which means that between the intense fight scenes, gratuitous lesbian sex and 80's sound track, it's right up my alley. I saw it with a British friend who's been living in Berlin for 30 years, and we agreed that though a graphic novel adaption with the obvious plot liberties, it paid great attention to the details of the city pre-fall of the Wall. The extent of quibbles we could come up with were things like a HMMWV driving past the Brandenburg Gate in what would have been the British sector, or a DDR border guard sporting a moustache, which was against the regs.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
On a side note: I thought it was pretty good...really liked the music selection.

Me too. The sound track brought back lots of memories.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Yep, ice baths help with bruising,sore muscles, etc. I take them after some brutal martial arts workouts and belt test. I recently took a two day Krav Maga Active Shooter response class.....taking an ice bath is the only thing that allowed me to move the next day without great pain. If you watch the Crossfit Games, you see all the athletes competing taking ice baths after events.

Besides, if it was just director helping sell the movie by having Charlize naked.....I'm good with that. Big Grin

Yes, the movie is actually pretty decent, good action scenes and has some plot twists.

jsbcody, Krav Maga progressive fatigue drills were what finally kicked my right knee over the edge...
Those running back and forth and kicking/punching variations (I.E. "replicating reality") are hard on an old geezer.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
< snip >

Yes, when it comes to Netflix or Amazon.

Lots of gratuitous sex, well choreographed fights, gratuitous sex, well done scenery, gratuitous sex, did I say that already?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

jsbcody, Krav Maga progressive fatigue drills were what finally kicked my right knee over the edge...
Those running back and forth and kicking/punching variations (I.E. "replicating reality") are hard on an old geezer.

Krav is like every other martial art now, it depends almost entirely on the quality of the instructor. Some of them are just glorified cardio kickboxing classes that don't teach crap.

The one (also a JKD instructor) I have now is more a dirty boxing/fighting (operating in close and mid range of Jeet Kune Do) with takedowns/throws/some groundwork of BJJ/Judo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I not sure gratuitous means what some of you guys think it does

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Lots of necessary to the plot sex....

Awesome 80’s music...

And I disagree about the effect on Charlize’s nipples in the ice bath that the OP mentioned - I could definitely see that it was cold.

Yes, worth a watch. Out on Amazon now.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it. Fast paced with lots of twists and turns.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I not sure gratuitous means what some of you guys think it does

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
< snip >

Yes, when it comes to Netflix or Amazon.

It's been on Amazon for a week or so.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to check it out but can wait until it is included for free with my amazon prime or netfix. The turn around is so fast any more I pass on going to the movies and just wait.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
woman calls the milkman.says she wants enough mik to take a milk bath. Milkman says you want it Pastuerized"?
She says, "nah, just up to my tits will be enough"

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
woman calls the milkman.says she wants enough mik to take a milk bath. Milkman says you want it Pastuerized"?

Big Grin Hehehehehe

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I bought the soundtrack, awesome music.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post