SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Smokey and the Bandit.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smokey and the Bandit. Login/Join 
posted
I was watching the Smokey and the Bandit marathon on Cmt today and noticed that the front tag on the car was blurred out. Not remembering what the tag was I googled it and found out it was the old Georgia flag with the Confederate emblem. I also read that Cmt was blurring the Confederate flag on the General Lee also. I find this nonsense absolutely ridiculous.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing that just draws more attention the the issue.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're behind the 8 ball. Anything Southern is NOT Cool.

No more Stars 'n Bars, no battle flags. Dolly Pardon drops Dixie from her Stampede Show. No Confederate Soldier statues. Nothing that resembles southern history will remain, there is a revisionist movement. We are unwelcome & obsolete. They can "kiss my grits!"

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Yep - even plastic scale model kits of the General Lee Charger have had the Confederate flag images blurred-out on the boxes for years. Ridiculous - but not surprising.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not surprised at all. Worthless, thin-skinned liberal trash. I wish they'd all just move to Canada already.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yep. In today's country music scene, the likes of Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, or Charlie Daniels would not be allowed to be stars.

Today's Nashville is a metro-sexual, gender fluid, eco-friendly place of wonder, where there is a constant flow of bubble gum pop diversity hires that clutter the airwaves with mindless crap.

I get tortured having to listen to it when I ride with my boss.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenny Chesney is cool.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...sigh....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wait, isn't that sorta how the whole thing got started in the first place?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43860 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post